She remembered the last time she cried in bed, over Taehyung, Jungkook had come and comforted her. He hugged her and kissed her head and reassured her that she deserved better. She wanted better, she wanted Jungkook.

Eden has always been a productive person. Always up and doing something. Always getting work done early so she could clean. But she did nothing that day. She remained in her bed, only leaving to eat, drink, and use the bathroom. She left the beer bottles on the table and the dust on the floor and touched absolutely nothing.

It wasn't like Eden didn't want to figure things out between them. To reset where their boundaries lie and talk to him about it. But she didn't know how to do that. Who does she look at his ridiculously gorgeous face and not want to kiss him again?

Eden went to college in hopes to party her ass off and lose her virginity, not to be lying in bed, crying over boys.

The one productive thing she manages to do is to call Jimin, sure he may be in class right now, but on the off chance he's not, she tries.

And it goes to voicemail.

Just a moment later. Jimin texts her.

Chimichanga 💋🥀:
Sorry in class. should be out soon though. Why aren't you here? You never miss class

Eden didn't want to sit there and explain to him all that happened between her and Jungkook, she didn't want anyone to know it happen. To pretend like it never happened in the first place. Pretending that she was fine was her specialty.

So Eden told him she was just feeling sick that day and she'd be back tomorrow. All she could do was pretend she was fine.

And she did. The very next day she took a hot shower to help with her puffy red eyes and got dressed in front of the early morning sun. Eden didn't know if she wanted Jungkook to be there. She feared the awkwardness, the stiffness between them would be unbearable.

She pulled on her shoes in the silence of her house, her dad once again, asleep though this time in his room. Then, she set out to walk to campus. Normally, Jungkook would be here to come pick her up in his shiny, blue Camaro with a grin on his face and a "good morning" waiting for her on his tongue.

Yes, his tongue. His tongue that swiped over his lips and found hers.

Now when she imagined Jungkook, he was covered with pretty, purple butterflies. They land on his long fingers, in his fluffy hair, the purple contrasting with the pink of his lips and cheeks.

It's not particularly hot outside today. It seemed to be perfect weather really. Not too hot, not too cold. Eden couldn't find it in her to enjoy it as she walked down the sidewalks of her suburbs.

When she reaches campus and makes her way through the quad for her first class, Jimin somehow managed to find her. He hasn't exactly been the same since what happened with Yoongi and now the very same thing happened to her. It fucking sucks, that's for sure.

"Taehyung's been wanting to patch things up with you," Jimin told her as they make their way to the campus cafe for a quick coffee before class. He hadn't seemed to notice that there was something up, Eden was playing herself convincingly enough.

"He does really feel bad for hurting you...he meant well."

She knew he meant well. Eden couldn't be mad at him for simply telling her that he didn't feel the same that he didn't want to lead her on and he wanted to be friends.

Eden was over not talking to him. She was ready to hug and make up. She had more pressing issues to deal with than to be focused on actively avoiding a boy she doesn't even really like anymore.