x

-', (chapter ten) ꒱ ↷🦋🥛

COOKING WAS JIMIN'S FAVORITE CLASS OF THE DAY. Or maybe cooking. Either way, both had a common denominator and that was mint-haired Yoongi sitting across the room from him, completely out of reach but completely within sight.

Yoongi in cooking class would be wearing an apron with his sleeves rolled up, standing in front of some sort of bowl as he mixed the contents of whatever they were making that day. But Yoongi in sculpting had all the same things except add Yoongi molding wet clay with his hands, wet and dirty and so so sexy.

Maybe sculpting was his favorite class of the day.

Jimin sat at his station, zoning out as he stared holes into the back of Yoongi's head, always cautious in case he turned around and caught the boy staring. But he paid little to no attention to what Mrs. Booth was saying about their most recent assignment. It was just distant noise in his ears and he didn't care.

Until she began to assign partners.

Jimin had never gotten Yoongi as a partner once before his entire school year and deep down, he didn't want to be his partner because he knew he'd act like the biggest goddamn fool in the world.

But as the list of partners was read off, Jimin felt anxiety build within him. With each name that wasn't either of theirs, he wondered for a moment maybe he could be partners this time.

"Jimin and Naya."

What the fuck. What the fuck?!

Jimin turned to look at his partner, a pretty girl who was also Asian American like him, Chinese, he thought she said. She was a nice girl and all, really, but not exactly who he was hoping for. He seemed a little deflated when he heard his partner.

"Yoongi and Devin."

Naya raised her hand, grabbing Mrs. Booth's attention. "I'm actually transferring out of this class." She told her.

"And I'm moving." Devin decided to add on in some twisted fate of luck. Jimin felt his mouth go dry a little as he looked to Yoongi who looked rather confused. It was a rather big coincidence that both of their partners were soon to leave, leaving two perfectly, unpartnered people ready to be matched up.

Mrs. Booth looked between the two in a moment of silence and sighed. "Okay- uhm..." She tapped her pen against her clipboard. "Naya and Devin, you partner up for the little time you're here, and Yoongi and Jimin, you two are partners now."

Jimin swore he almost fell off his stool. He's famously known for never being able to stay in his seat, he'd always falling out of it somewhere within the school but he refused to fall and make a fool out of himself with Yoongi staring at him.

Once through the list, Mrs. Booth told everyone to move to sit beside their partners and begin planning out their project. Through the clamor of students getting up and walking around to join their partners, Jimin remained seated and watched as Yoongi stood up from his seat and made his way over to sit beside him.

"Hey Jimin."

A shiver went up his spine. He tugged at the end of his shirt and looked at Yoongi who took his seat beside him. "Oh, hi Yoongi." He puts on his pretty smile, warm and friendly in hopes that he wouldn't become awkward and small.

Yoongi put his bag down. "So who are we doing?" He asked him, questioning eyes gaze upon Jimin to hear his answer, but he only looks confused. His smile falters. "What?" He shakes his head softly and pushes his dark hair out of his face. "I'm sorry, I was zoning out. Can you tell me what we're doing?"

Jimin didn't like the look that came across Yoongi's face. It looked impatient and tired. He didn't like that look, not from his parents and certainly not from Yoongi. He turned his head away. It didn't help when Yoongi said, "Try to pay attention next time." In a gruff voice.

Yoongi didn't mean to make Jimin upset, he just wasn't having the best day today. He was tired and he still had practice after school which would leave his muscles sore and mind exhausted. But that wasn't Jimin's problem.

"Sorry," The minty-haired boy murmured. "Uh- we're supposed to be creating a bust of one of us. We have the rest of the semester to complete it. I was asking who we're modeling it after, me or you." Yoongi would honestly prefer to do Jimin for the bust. He was far prettier and would probably be the better model.

Jimin would want to sculpt Yoongi instead, give him a reason to be perpetually staring at Yoongi. They both had similar reasons for their wants, they thought the other was hotter.

"We should do you." Yoongi took the initiative to say. "You have better bone structure, sharper angles." In other words, you're hotter and you're the better person to sculpt. He wondered was it would be like to spend hours staring at Jimin just to get down the small details of his face. Yoongi doesn't have to tell Jimin that he's attractive because the boy already knows. He walks around like he owns the world.

He's sickly sweet around Yoongi, but Jimin was never known to be mean for no reason. They barely talk anyways. Every time they do, Yoongi's greeted with pretty smiles and captivating eyes.

"We're supposed to work on this on our own time. Booth is giving us the supplies so whoever's house we're meeting at needs to take the clay." Yoongi watches Ms. Booth appoint students to help her pass out the pounds of clay everyone will need in order to create the life-sized bust. When it was put down in front of them, it shook the table under them. It was heavy and Jimin wasn't sure how he was gonna carry this throughout campus as they get ready to leave.

The fact that he has worked after school doesn't help.

"I actually have work after school so we can't start tonight. I'm free tomorrow, though. We can meet at my house if that's okay." Hopefully, Taehyung would be there to ease the made-up tension between them while they worked, even if he did smell like mangos. Jimin preferred the strawberry one he had last month.

Yoongi could do that. He almost wondered what their house looked like when not filled with drunk and/or high people trying to get their rocks off. It was probably a beautiful home.

"Yeah, that's fine."

The two spent the rest of the class planning out how they'd go about sculpting Jimin, what position it would be in, what each of them would work on. It was weird talking about sculpting himself having to look into a mirror and point out all the things he was insecure about so that they could forever immortalize into clay.

He held himself high because he's always been told he was pretty and in a lot of ways, he knew he was, but that never eliminates the insecurities one had. Jimin didn't like when he got too chubby, when his face would round out and fat came to his stomach. So he ate healthy foods and tried to work out when he could with Taehyung.

Jimin could get self-destructive at times.

Then the final bell rang, signifying the end of the day. They both stands and grab their things and Jimin goes to take the clay with him. He doesn't know how he's going to carry this on his way home on Taehyung's motorcycle, but he'd figure it out.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Jimin." Yoongi waves at him with that large hand that Jimin wished would take his so they could walk down the halls together. But he walks out of the room with his hands empty of anyone else's hand and Jimin's fingers wrap tight around the handle of the bucket.

Maybe one day he'll be able to hold Yoongi's hand. But today was not the day.

*.✧ Kᴀʏs Eɴᴅɪɴɢ Nᴏᴛᴇs

MORE YOONMIN MOMENTS COMING. I'm so excited. It is difficult managing two plots at the same time but it's still so fun so I do it anyways.

Thank you all for reading. I hope you guys enjoyed and I wish you all a wonderful day/night.

사랑해

~Kay (っ.❛ ᴗ ❛.)っ