Ultron's Plan

We all sat in the kitchen after dinner. Laura was sat in the living room with the kids while Fury spoke with us all about what had happened and our next steps.

"Ultron took you folks out of play to buy himself some time. My contacts all say he's building something. The amount of vibranium he made off with. I don't think it's just one thing."

I took a sip of juice while Lila showed me and Nat her picture of a butterfly.

"What about Ultron himself?" My dad asked.

"Oh, he's easy to track. He's everywhere. The guy is multiplying faster than a catholic rabbit. It still doesn't help us get an angle on any of his plans though."

I was focused on the picture that Lila drew while trying to listen to the conversation.

"Is he still going after launch codes?" Tony asked.

"Yes, he is but he's not making any headway."

"I cracked the Pentagon's firewall in high school on a dare."

"Well, I contacted our friends at the Nexus about that."

"Nexus?" My dad asked implying he didn't know what they were going on about.

"It's the world internet hub in Oslo. Every byte of data flows through there. Fastest access on Earth." Bruce cleared things up.

"So, what did they say?" Clint chimed in while throwing some darts.

"He's fixated on the missiles, but the codes are constantly being changed."

"By whom?" Tony questioned as Clint's darts only narrowly missed his face.

"Parties unknown." Fury answered.

"So, we have an ally?" Nat asked.

"Ultron's got an enemy. That's not the same thing. Still, I'd pay folding money to know who it is."

"I might need to visit Oslo." Tony said. "Find our unknown."

"Well, this is good times, boss but I was kinda hoping when I saw you, you'd have more than that." Nat said to Fury.

"I do. I have you."

I finally spoke up "Well then that's crap. We're not exactly the most useful people right now."

Fury looked at me and continued to speak "Back in the day, I had eyes everywhere. Ears, everywhere else. You kids had all the tech you could dream up. And here we all are back on Earth. With nothing but our wit and our will to save the world. Ultron says the Avengers are the only thing between him and his mission. And whether or not he admits it his mission is global destruction. All this laid in a grave. So, stand. Outwit the platinum bastard."

What Fury said got me thinking about something that Ultron said about how people need to evolve. I then looked at the picture of a butterfly that Lila drew and started trying to figure out Ultron's plans.

"Steve doesn't like that kind of talk."

"You know what Romanoff?"

"So, what does he want?" Fury asked.

"To become better. Better than us. He keeps building bodies." My dad answered Fury's question and that's when it clicked.

"Person bodies." Stark corrected. "The human form is inefficient. Biologically speaking we're outmoded but he keeps coming back to it."

"When you two programmed him to protect the human race. You amazingly failed." Nat said.

Bruce looked at Lila's picture and I looked at him. He looked over at me and I gave him the look to tell him that I figured out the same thing he did.

"They don't need to be protected." Bruce said. "They need to evolve."

I then started talking and everyone looked at me. "Ultron's going to evolve."

"How?" Fury asked me.

"Has anyone been in contact with Helen Cho?" I asked everyone.

Everyone's faces dropped as they realised what Ultron was trying to do.

"He's going to use the vibranium he made off with, the sceptre that he stole from us and Cho's technology to make himself a body." I told everyone.

"We need to go. Now. Avengers suit up and meet back here as soon as possible." My dad said and so everyone went to change into their suits.

Once everyone was back, we started talking about our plan of action.

"I'll take Y/N, Natasha and Clint." My dad stated.

"Alright. Strictly recon." Tony replied. "I'll hit the Nexus. I'll join you as soon as I can."

"If my daughter is right and Ultron's really building a body..."

"He'll be more powerful than any of us. Maybe all of us. An android designed by a robot."

"You know I really miss the days when the weirdest thing science ever created was me."

Fury then walked over to Tony and my dad. "I'll drop Banner off at the tower. You mind if I borrow Miss Hill?"

"She's all yours. Apparently. What are you gonna do?" Tony asked.

"I don't know. Something dramatic, I hope." Fury then walked towards the door.

Me, my dad, Clint and Nat all made our way outside and onto the jet. Clint got in the pilot seat and started flying us towards Cho's lab in Seoul.