Chapter 21: Forever Young

Start from the beginning

I heard the click of a lock and the bathroom door swung open. I looked over my shoulder to see Louis with his lower body wrapped in a towel. His defined abs were glistening drops of water and I couldn't help but stare. He smiled and let out a soft chuckle before walking over to me.

"What are you doing, love?"

"Nothing." I looked down and tried to suck in my stomach a little more.

"You sure?"

"Mhm. You should go put some clothes on, we need to leave soon." I moved out of his way and walked over to my bed where my phone was laying and checked for any new messages.

"Okay, be right back. You look lovely, by the way." he walked out of the room, leaving me sitting there, once again looking at myself in the mirror. I sat around for about five minutes until someone knocked on my door and I got up to answer it. I turned the doorknob and was greeted by a smiling Harry.

"Ready to go?"

"Yeah. Let's go. I'll drive." I followed my brother downstairs.

Once downstairs, I got all the guys together and we walked out to my car in the driveway. Just like the day before, Louis and I sat in the front; the rest of the boys in the back. I turned on the radio and of course, everyone's favorite: Locked out of Heaven by Bruno Mars, was on; resulting in loud obnoxious singing to fill the car. I pulled into the parking lot for the boardwalk and parked the car in a spot relatively close to the entrance. We all hoped out of the car and headed over to the ticket booth where I purchased six tickets for the day.

The park wasn't too packed today. Probably because it was a Friday and most people in the area had school or work. Hopefully we wouldn't get stopped by too many fans. The first thing we saw was the Giant Dipper, a huge wooden roller coaster. We all agreed to go on it, except for Harry who said he was going to stay and watch. The line went by pretty fast and soon enough we were getting in one of the cars. Unfortunately, Zayn had to sit alone, but he didn't seem to really care. Our cars started to slowly move along the track and we began to ascend up a large hill. Louis lifted his arms up and nudged my shoulder, waiting for me to follow his lead. I rolled my eyes and threw my arms up in the air just before we dropped down. I screamed as the coaster twisted us around at an extremely fast speed. My stomach was flipping all around, but that's one of the fun things about roller coasters. I let out one last scream before the ride ended and Louis quickly helped me out of the car. We met up with Harry outside the entrance to the ride and agreed we should try something we could all do. Not knowing much about it, we began to walk around the boardwalk, looking for something to do. At the end, we found a bunch of colorful booths set up: carnival games. We continued walking until we found the classic "knock the bottles over with the baseball". Each guy took out a dollar and the man running the booth gave them each a baseball. Zayn went first and managed to knock down, surprise surprise, no bottles. Liam and Niall followed, only getting one. Harry was able to knock down two, but still, no prize. Louis stepped up with his baseball and threw it hard towards the bottles. He let out an overly dramatic cry when the ball only got the top bottle and we all laughed. But of course, Louis had to win. He took out another dollar and the man handed him another ball. This time, he hit two of the tree: better, but still no prize. He started to reach in his pocket for another dollar, but I grabbed his hand and he pulled it away, turning to look at me.

"I got this Lou." I took out a dollar and grabbed a baseball, not giving him any time to argue with me. I threw the ball and heard all three bottles fall to the floor. The guys all engulfed me in a huge group hug, telling me how great I did and how I had won a prize. They finally let go of me and I told the man at the booth which prize I wanted: a blue dolphin stuffed-animal. The man got it down and handed it to me. I flashed him a quick smile and shouted thank you as the boys began to run off to some other attraction.

We had been at the boardwalk for about four hours, and we had probably done about one hundred different things. We were currently eating some food at a picnic table on the beach, right next to the boardwalk. Louis and I shared some chili-cheese fries while the rest of the boys ate hot dogs and burgers.

"So, where to next? I saw that they had mini-golf inside, we could do that." Niall said, pointing to the large building in the middle of the boardwalk.

"Yeah, that sounds fun, let's do it." Liam said while getting up from the table and walking over to the trashcan to throw away the remains of his food.

"I think I might stay out here. Mini golf was never my favorite game. You guys can go though, I'll wait." I smiled, stealing the last fry before Louis could.

"No, we can do something else. I'm sure there's other stuff around." Zayn said.

"No really, I'm fine. Go ahead!" I smiled.

"Okay, come on guys." Liam said as Zayn, Niall, and Harry all got up and began to walk over to the building.

"Louis, you coming?" Liam shouted as they walked away.

"No, I think I'll stay here with Bo" he shouted back.

The guys headed inside the building and I looked out to the beach. The sun was setting and the water was perfectly calm. It was so beautiful, it looked like a painting. Louis put his arm around me and I looked up to see him smiling at me. I smiled back and he pulled me closer to him.

"Want to do something fun?" he asked.

"Sure, I guess. What do you have in mind?" I laughed.

"Come on, I'll show you." he stood up and grabbed my hand, pulling me off to the northern end of the boardwalk. We finally stopped running and I looked over at Louis who simply smiled and directed his attention to something in front of us. I looked up to see a large Ferris wheel. I giggled and we ran over to the line. After about five minutes of waiting, we finally got on and the wheel began to move. We sat and talked for about ten minutes as we were spun around. Suddenly, the wheel began to slow down and then stopped; leaving us stuck at the top.

"Louis, what's happening? Are we stuck? Oh my God we are going to die." I panicked.

"Relax love, they probably just have to fix something. We'll be down in no time." he reassuringly smiled at me, leaving me with a feeling of security.

No time had slowly turned into a lot of time. It was getting dark and cold out, and of course, I was getting scared. Louis must have noticed as he pulled me into his chest and wrapped his arms around me.

"I'm going to miss you a lot." he said quietly.

"Me too. You just got back, and now you're leaving again." I sighed.

"I know. It's awful. But we have tour and the fans are goin-"

"Louis, I get it. It's your job, you have to do this. And I'm fine with that. It's just hard sometimes, but I can deal with it."

"Good, cause I'm really sorry about all of this. I feel like I'm being a horrible boyfriend and I just need to do more for you."

"Lou, you're a wonderful boyfriend. And you don't need to do anymore for me, just don't forget about me, okay?" I smiled.

"I would never forget about you." he kissed my forehead. I sat up so I could face him and I softly grabbed his jaw with my left hand, the back of his head with my right. I pulled his lips closer to mine and finally met them together.

The moment was perfect.

He was perfect.

We were perfect.

How was I going to endure another three months without him?

(A/N: Not my best, sorry! I've had writers block for the past couple hours and I couldn't think of anything! But I'm super excited cause drama is coming! Hope you're all excited too! Xx -Katie)