(2) Beyond the Death Zone

A baby with black colored eyes. Yes, they do exist. I did research.
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
I roll my eyes and shut my locker. I don't show how I almost forgot we had a week off because of our principal. Something about the school system, the board of education, and the main pipes of the building. Eh. As long as I don't have to come back for a week, I'm fine.

"O' Wise One, please share the rules of idiots to me again!" I ask with a smile. I pretend to be dramatic and hang on his arm.

"And why would I do that?" He responds. He teases me, looks down at me and smiles too.

I fake a dramatic gasp. "You mean the king doesn't know his own rules?" I stand up straight again," Well, number one- lunch time is the time to talk to talk to the actual smart people. M'kay?" I pat his head like a dog.

His ego is huge. Always question myself of why he's still my best friend. He seems to get what I'm saying by the time I'm at the door of my homeroom.

"You wounded me!" I hear him say.

"That's what I live for."

I enter my classroom and smile up at my teacher."Hey Mrs. Madrid. How's it going?" I ask.

She's a really young teacher. Most students in this homeroom pay attention because she's not as strict as most of the teachers here.

Plus, she's the principal's younger sister.

She's a beautiful woman with long wavy black hair that ends at her shoulders. She isn't like the blind bats who can't see because she doesn't read in the dark. I guess I'm not going to be like her. I read in the dark almost every night.

"Very well, Lizzy. Thank you for asking." She smiles.

"Teacher's pet." I hear Josh say from the doorway.

And before I could tell him off, Mrs. M is already yelling at him. "Mr. J. Do I have to tell your homeroom teacher why you are not there right now? Give complements, not comments. Bullying is not aloud, you know. "

I almost smile when I see him shocked. I want to comment how stupid he looks, like he never had a teacher yell at him. Yeah, okay. He recovers fast and smiles.

"You called me Mr. J. Is there a Mrs. involved?" He wiggles his eyebrows. I laugh and he gaze turns toward me and he smiles even brighter.

"Get to class and, Lizzy, go sit down before everyone else comes in." Mrs. M tries to stay mad at him but you could see the smile that wants to bloom onto her face.

It's there.

"Whatever." He can't stop smiling. He looks at me. "See you at lunch. Then you could tell me the rest of the rules."

And then he finally turns around and leaves before I could say a word.I huff and go to my desk. We act like such six year old's sometimes.

As I scribble down different notes. I was trying not to draw attention to the fact that my hand, the one holding my head up has a wire connected to my cellphone. Fall Out Boy was playing and I was daydreaming again. I think back to when I walked into school the first day back. Most people knew me from before, but it's high school. It's school, but of course, school is not made to have fun. That is why I am so lucky that I have Mrs. Madrid. Otherwise, the only way that you could be happy is if you skip for the day.

Uh, hello? If I skipped a day to have fun, you would never see me in these halls again.

I swear to the Elders that, on the first week back, I had smiled on a Friday