20

oops this isn't a fob song title this time oh well

One More Chance
+
t w e n t y

"Holy shit, Patrick," Pete pulls away from me. "I'm sorry,"

"Don't be," I lean in and kiss him again, softer this time.

"Patrick, I can't do this. We can't do this," Pete runs a hand through his hair, not realising he still has me pressed against the counter. This isn't happening. In a second, our positions are flipped, and he's the one pinned to the counter.

"Tell me that you honestly don't want this, Pete. That you honestly don't want me," He looks away from me, unshed tears in his eyes.

"It's not that I don't want you. It's that I don't want the shit that comes with you, Patrick," He tries to push me away, but I just grab his hands and lay them flat on the counter.

"You're in love with me, Pete," I say. He doesn't make eye contact with me until I pull his chin up.

"But you don't love me, Patrick!" He yells. "You don't love me, and I can't handle that," He whispers this time.

I drop his chin and let go of his hands. He pushes me away easily and says, "I think you should go. Unless you wanna take my medicine first. Go right ahead,"

"Pete, that was--" I stop talking when he points at the door. I sigh loudly and grab my hat before leaving.

I know he's in love with me. Why does he play so hard to get?

Maybe because you fucked him over more than once.

Dammit, I have to fix this. I turn back around and knock on his door. He opens it and says, "Patrick--" I push past him and shut the door behind me. A second later, I have him pushed against the door. "What are you doing?"

"Shut the fuck up, and listen to me," I take a deep breath. "I know I don't say it a lot, but I'm grateful for you, alright? I'd be an idiot to let you go, and you're an idiot for thinking that I'm going to let you go that easily. You're stuck with me, Wentz," He doesn't laugh like I expect, he just tries to push me away. "Pete, stop,"

"No! Patrick, I'm in fucking love with you, and you don't say it back!" He yells, trying to push me away again.

"Pete," I whisper, "please stop," He looks up and stops hitting me. "All of this is because you think I don't love you?"

"You've never said it, so how am I supposed to know?" I blink (A/N: 182) when he says that.

"Peter Lewis Kingston the Third, I love you. I'm in love with you," He starts grinning widely. "I love you so much,"

"I love you too, 'Rick," He whispers before leaning in and kissing me.

My phone rings, breaking us out of the moment. "Fuck," I whine before answering it. "Yeah, okay. Okay, we'll be right over," I say. "Come on, Pete,"

I get in my car, and Pete gets in his, following me to Joe's house.

Twenty minutes later, Joe, Pete, and I are all sitting on the couch in Joe's living room. Joe claimed he had something 'really fucking important to tell us, and I don't care if you two are still bitching.' So we're both here, holding hands on Joe's couch, sitting opposite to the man himself.

"Holy shit," Pete says.

"Do you think it's a good idea?" Joe asks hopefully.

"I think it's something," I mumble, looking at Pete. His brown eyes are blown wide, like he's more shocked than I am.