CHAPTER SIXTEEN - HOSPITAL PILLOW TALK

Chris’s POV

He is so pale even against the white hospital sheets and his hand is cold in my grip. There are tears of shock and fear on my face and they drip down onto Lei’s bare skin. Candy is on his other side also holding his hand and she’s singing softly to the beep of his heart monitor. I stroke his hair lightly.

“Come back Lei lei…”

Lei’s POV

The field ripples around me, flowers swaying in a threatening pattern. I try to speak but for some reason I can’t and the clouds turn black in the sky. Panic fills my chest as the ground erupts around me, millions of flower demon creature pour out of the earth wrapped in rotting flowers and screaming my name. The sky starts pouring and as I stretch my hands out I realise it’s not water, it’s blood. I get even more freaked out and I scream soundlessly agony ripping through my throat. Seconds later someone else appears in the field and everything is back to normal, better than normal, surreally beautiful. It’s Chris and he’s lightly whispering my name, his smile lighting up his face and the sky around him.

“Lei please…”

Someone squeezes my hand and I hear sweet singing, “Candy…?”

“LEI!” Two voices scream at once and my eyes open to a hospital room.