The more he laughs, the more Eden wants to. It's contagious, like a disease and soon, she's laughing too. She wasn't hurt or anything, Jungkook made sure of it.

Childish, that's what they are. Laughing in the dark over absolutely nothing like maniacs. But they don't care, really. All they care about is how beautiful each other's smile is.

Those butterflies that swarm their stomachs are irritated, beating their wings harshly as they sit so close to one another. Their laughing settles quickly and soon their sitting in silence with only those chirping crickets in the background.

They keep staring, subconsciously growing closer and closer. Jungkook's eyes flick down to her lips, only for a split second and again he wonders what her lips taste like. He wants to know, he wants to find out and he wants it tattooed on his mind forever.

It's a slow progression at first and they're too entranced to stop.

Jungkook's hand comes to the side of her head and inch by inch, they close the space between them until they could feel the warmth of their breath in each other's faces. Their eyes flicker shut and-

Their lips touch. They press against each other, hard, moving in sync as much-awaited tension comes ahead and they finally do what they've always wanted.

Eden's hands come to his shoulders, firm and broad, then up the thick column of his neck and to his soft, fluffy hair. They thread into the locks, gripping tight and ruining his already messy hair. But she loves it, he loves it too, more than loves it.

And her lips. They taste like sweet lip balm. He can't pinpoint the exact flavor, maybe something fruity, but whatever bit his, he loves it. Adores it actually. In zealous, he drags his tongue over her bottom lip before biting it softly. He's been through this rodeo before, but he's never enjoyed it as much as he does now.

They forget that they're supposed to be best friends, platonic in every sense of the word. They're just Eden and Jungkook, two people who like each other beyond that.

And soon they break apart. Panting softly like all the air had been dragged from their lungs and they were desperate for oxygen.

And that's when they realize what they've done.

Eden takes her hands from his hair, now disheveled with strands sticking up every which way and Jungkook sits back away from her. Their eyes are wide, nearly popping out of their heads as the crushing weight of guilt falls on both of them.

"Oh fuck." Eden is the first one to verbalize what they're both thinking. It raids their minds and they're both horrified at what they've done. Mortified even.

"I'm sorry." They say at the same time and once again fall into silence. They're simply starstruck, in able to really bring their thoughts together. But they both seemed to share the same thoughts.

That they liked it. That they wanted more. They wanted to do it over and over.

And now Jungkook knows what her lips taste like.

"I need to get home. We both need to go home." Eden stands up and dusts off her jeans. She's frantic in her movements, panicking as she tries to figure out what more to say. Her mind is kicked into overdrive, no solid thought could be caught and stuck too.

Jungkook blinked a few times and slowly stood up as well. "...yeah. Yeah, we should...I'll take you home." His voice was scarily quiet. He was too afraid to speak too loudly, fearing that something even worse will happen. But the complete silence is arguably worse. They've never had awkward silence before.

It was unsettling.

Jungkook went to go get his skateboard from where it sat and when he came back, he found that Eden had already left and gone to the car. His lips pursed softly and his eyes lowered, disheartened. He really fucked up, really.

But if he wasn't mistaken, she leaned in as well. She kissed him back.

They both enjoyed it. That much was clear.

So he walked to his car and got into the driver's seat. Eden sat beside him in the passenger seat, staring out of the window with her body turned away from him. God, the awkwardness wasn't their strong suit.

Eden didn't want to be on no speaking terms with Jungkook too. This was getting out of hand. She couldn't just up and ignore every problem that comes her way, especially not when the problem is sitting right next to her.

This was a mess, this was all a mess.

The car ride was completely silent, dead silent. They simply don't know what to say to each other. Even if they did, they couldn't possibly speak the words. Not when they could still feel the pressure of each other's lips on theirs.

It only takes a few minutes to get to Eden's house but it seems to take hours. The silence is drowning, smothering, choking.

And when Jungkook pulled in front of her house, Eden pops open the door and takes a step out. She couldn't leave him with no words at all. That would be cruel.

She turns back to look at him, but she can't really. Look at him, that is. She couldn't hold eye contact. "Thank you...for the night, Jungkook. I really enjoyed it."

Jungkook listened to her words, the hesitance in them. The weariness. He didn't like it, not at all. But he couldn't expect anything else, for her to be cheery and jolly like nothing happened at all. That would be worse than the silence arguably. At least they aren't pretending it didn't happen at all. Completely ignoring the fact that they kissed. For real. Not as some stupid favor but because they actually liked each other.

He nodded slightly. "No problem." His voice was no louder than hers.

Eden takes a moment to consider if she should say anything more, but she doesn't. Instead, she closes the door and rushes away, hoping to escape from the beading eyes of Jungkook.

Jungkook waits for her to get inside like he always does before taking off down the road to go home. Everything was fucking ruined. They shouldn't have done that and now they didn't know how to act around each other. They were so fucking stupid. Why would they do that? Why would he do that?

When he gets home and closes himself off from the world, he leans against the front door. A shaky breath passes through his lips, a shutter really as tears swell in his eyes and a lump burns in his throat. Jungkook leans his head back against the door and cries. He cries because he lost his best friend. Because everything was fucked up and he didn't know what to do.

Because he's never been in love before and these feelings are terrifying. Tears roll down his flushed cheeks and he sniffles as his nose already begins to block up.

Jungkook liked it better when he was hiding his feelings for her. It was easier that way.

He slides down and sits on the floor in front of the door, alone in the dark.

*.✧ Kᴀʏs Eɴᴅɪɴɢ Nᴏᴛᴇs

Yayyy, they kissed, but now they're not talking :(. I'm actually nearing the end of the book my guess is 10 or 11 chapters left. So yeah

Thank you all for reading. I hope you guys enjoyed and I wish you all a wonderful day/night.

사랑해

~Kay ʕ´•ᴥ•'ʔ