[SUNOO] Once Upon A Dream

She stands there, her hands held together behind her back and her white summer dress fluttering in the calm sea breeze. A smile rests on her face, and as she turns around to the boy standing behind her, she opens her eyes which were previously closed in relaxation and her smile brightens.

The boy's eyes widen at the sight of her smile. Her smile which was even brighter than the sun and her eyes that seem to go deeper than the sea behind her, they were a beautiful sight, and the boy feels his heart skip a beat.

They were a few feet apart, but she already had that effect on him. And it amazes the boy that he would think this despite the fact that this is the first time he had seen the girl.

Is this what people normally call "love at first sight"?

No. It can't be. He didn't believe in any of that. And the boy can't believe that he would doubt his own belief all because of...

He stops when realization hits him.

"Wait... this is all just a dream."

...

Sunoo feels his eyes open, and as soon as they do, they close again as the boy groans and turns in his bed, not wanting to get up. Not even a second later, his alarm clock goes off, and he groans even louder.

Monday. His first day back at school, and Sunoo doesn't exactly feel the most enthusiastic about the whole situation.

"Aish, I wanna sleep longer," the boy complains, only to be pulled out of his sleepy daze yet again when the door opens and his mother comes in.

"Sweetie, wake up. It's your first day back at school and I'm sure your friends are already waiting for you," she says as she enters the room and turns off the blaring alarm clock.

Sunno just turns in his bed, lying on his back with his arm over his eyes. "Yeah, sure. Like they'd be looking forward to this day, too," he mutters to himself.

"Sunoo..." his mother says, looking down at him with one hand on her hip. "Wake up. It's time to get ready for school."

The boy sighs, then he removes his arm from over his eyes before he sits up, his feet dangling off the side of his bed while his eyes are still closed sleepily. "... I'm up."

"Breakfast is ready, so come down and eat once you've finished changing," his mother then tells him after giving a pat to his knee. She then leaves the room, leaving Sunoo contemplating whether he should just start the day already or lie back down in bed.

"Ugh, I wanna sleep," he says, though  in contrast, he just stands up and gets ready for school already before his mother comes back again only to find him sitting while asleep.

~•~

"Yo! Sunoo-yah! Finally, you're here!" Riki, one of Sunoo's close friends greets him at the gate while waving his long arm in the air, one bag strap of his backpack hanging from his shoulder on the other side.

Sunoo's face lights up upon seeing his friend, and he waves back, eventually reaching him. "You seem really excited for your first day, Riki-yah," Sunoo says as soon as he reaches his friend, rubbing his eyes as he still feels rather drowsy.

"And you don't seem too enthusiastic yourself," the taller boy replies as they both turn to enter the school campus.

"It's the first day of school. What do you expect?"

"I don't know," Riki replies as he looks up wonderingly, a smile playing on his lips. "But, hey, I heard there's gonna be a bunch of new students this year. I wonder what they're gonna be like."