[JAKE] Confession pt. 1

"I like you." Jake smiles sweetly at you, his eyes sparkling with hope.

Meanwhile, you stand infront of him, your eyes wide at his sudden confession. You knew something was up when he asked to meet up with you at the bridge in the park, but you didn't expect it to be anything like this!

But now that you think about it, maybe you should have known already the moment he gave you the time and place to meet. It's spring, and the cherry blossoms are in full bloom. Around this time, the bridge in the park would be the best place to view the blossoms... and it's also the best place for couples to go to for a date.

"Well?" Jake asks you and you turn your attention back to him.

"W-what did you say again?" you ask him, a shocked look still on your face.

The boy chuckles, before smiling shyly and repeating what he said while avoiding your gaze. "I like you, Y/N... Aren't you supposed to say something as a reply?"

Eventually, you wake up from your shocked trance and you step back from him. "Yah... Jake, stop joking," you tell him, forcing a laugh which comes out sounding nervous.

Jake looks at you with a serious expression. "I'm not. I'm serious, Y/N. I really like you," he tells you calmly as he takes a step towards you and tries to take your hand in his. However, this doesn't happen as you quickly pull your hand away.

"I-I... I don't know what to say," you tell him, barely able to say anything. "I-I'm sorry, but please give me some time to think." You bow apologetically towards him before turning around and running away.

You're surprised when he doesn't say or do anything as you run, but you guess that that's just Jake. He just never really forces his own opinions on anyone and always lets others do what they want, as long as it's for a good cause.

You end up leaving him on his own on the bridge, surrounded by blooming cherry blossoms and couples dating.

...

"Aish! I can't believe this is happening! What am I gonna do now?" you ask yourself as you pace back and forth in your bedroom.

You and Jake have been really close friends for quite some time now. You first met him when you were still in elementary when he came into your class as the new kid. He became your seatmate and the two of you immediately clicked when both of you realized that both of you have a lot in common.

You and Jake are very clumsy, and both of you love to mess around. When put together, you guys become the mood makers of your class. There's never a dull moment in your classroom every time both of you are present and together in class.

You love being with Jake. He's the only person you find you can trust with your worries, other than your family, and he's always the one who makes you smile all the time, even as the both of you grew up and made your own friends when you went into high school. But you never thought of the possibilities of him liking you. In fact, it had never even crossed your mind. And now that he had just confessed to you, you really don't know how to feel.

You've never really liked anyone before. You weren't the kind to be looking for love in high school. In fact, you've never even found yourself falling for anyone before. All you ever cared about was living the most out of your teenage years with your bestfriend, Jake, while you're still in high school. You thought he thought the same, but it seems you were wrong.

You groan as you eventually stop pacing and just dump yourself onto your bed. "How am I supposed to face him now?" you ask yourself, your face buried in your pillow. "And I left after saying that I'll think about it... But I'm not even doing that at all!" You turn your head to the side, the side of your face leaning on your pillow now. "Should I even think about it? But isn't the answer obvious? I only see him as a friend, nothing more."

You think back to the way he was smiling and looking at you during his confession. He was smiling in such a gentle way, and his eyes had so much hope in them. You suddenly feel bad for leaving him on his own there on the bridge.

You sigh and a pout forms on your face when a thought suddenly enters your head and you realize something. "If I reject him, would we still be friends?"

...

You place your hand over your mouth as you yawn. "Gosh, I could barely sleep last night," you think to yourself as you walk to your school. You were about to turn a corner to reach the gate of your school when you suddenly feel your eyes widen and you quickly step back, hiding around the corner before you're seen.

"Of course, I almost forgot that Jake is in charge of uniform inspection on Wednesdays. Aish! How can I be so stupid!" You hit your head repeatedly as you stay in your hiding place. After a few seconds of repeatedly hitting yourself, you poke your head around the corner to see Jake still doing his job, checking every students' uniform observantly as they pass through the gate.

You notice his brows furrow for just a second before he suddenly turns his head towards where you're standing. Your eyes widen as he does this, but you quickly fall back into your hiding space. "Hopefully, he didn't see me," you tell yourself as you lean back on the wall surrounding the school, the wall that's hiding you from Jake.

"Aish! How am I supposed to get out of this situation?" You ask yourself as you look around. "Ah!" you find yourself exclaiming when you suddenly remember something, and a few seconds later, you walk back the way you came. Though you're not going back home. You're still going to school. Just... not in the usual way you get into the school campus.

A while ago, you just suddenly remembered that you and Jake had somehow found a hole in the wall surrounding the school just a week ago. The both of you had planned to report it, but you don't really know if Jake already had. You're just hoping that the hole is still there and that you can use it to get into the school campus without having to run into him so early in the morning.

"Yes!" You exclaim as you see the hole still there at the bottom of the wall and you quickly run to it. "It's still here." You then look around to see if anyone is around to witness your breaking in, then sigh with relief when you see no one around. "Alright. Here goes!" You drop onto your knees and start crawling through.

On the other side of the wall is a part of the school campus that isn't visited by students often. That's because that area is behind the school buildings and there isn't really much to see there except just trees and grass, so you're thankful that the hole was situated in this part of the wall. However, the thankfulness you felt almost instantly goes away when you're just halfway through and you hear a voice from the inside of the campus.

"Uh... Excuse me, but what are you doing?" you hear a male voice ask, and your eyes widen before you freeze. You slowly raise your head and your eyes widen even more when you see a boy just about your age, looking down at you with a curious and bewildered look in his eyes.

"Lee Wonjun," his name tag reads.

...

A/N:
So... if y'all have watched Produce X 101 or you stan E'Last, then you'll know who Lee Wonjun is. If you don't... Well, I just stated where you can see him. Also, Stan E'Last!

Anyways, feel free to comment and tell me what you think about this cliffhanger! Part 2 will be coming soon after 1 or 2 updates!