Part 17: Theories.

"A miraculous holder... That explains why I saw him still with wings after destroying the akuma!" Adrien said, pacing in his room.

"But then why did he run away from you?" Simon said.

"I suppose it was because I knew that Luka was the akumatized person and he didn't want me to see him afterwards to protect his identity as a superhero." Adrien said cheerfully. He felt a weight lifting off his shoulders.

"His kwami ​​was going to say a name. He managed to say 'Ma'. He must had been talking about Mayura, right? " Plagg asked.

"Hmm... well yeah... I guess Mayura would be capable of mistreating someone the way Luka said..." Adrien said. "Ah! Of course!"

"What?" Simon asked, turning to Plagg to see if the kwami looked as clueless as he was feeling.

"Do you remember I told you that when Luka was akumatized it seemed as if two people were speaking inside his mind?" Adrien said.

"Hawk Moth and Mayura." Simon said nodding. "But then... they aren't working together anymore?"

"That may be what Luka meant when he said she wanted him back in her clan. Mayura thought Luka was crossing to Hawk Moth's side. And that could be why Luka told me that he was afraid to tell me the whole truth. He was embarrassed to admit that he had joined them. The question now is why. Why would he join either of them? It is obvious that he is no longer with any of them, but what did they tell him to convince him at first." Adrien said.

"Aren't you forgetting something more important and that could be very dangerous?" Plagg said, floating between them.

Simon and Adrien looked at each other, but it didn't occur to them what Plagg was talking about.

"If Luka is now a miraculous holder, where did he get it from? He just found it and that's why they're both fighting for him or... did they find a box of miraculous and assigned that one to Luka. Perhaps that 'clan' thing he meant that they are preparing a group of superheroes to fight against you and Ladybug." Plagg said worried.

The kwami ​​left both Simon and Adrien with their mouths as open as his eyes. Adrien felt nervous spasms in one of his eyes from thinking about the consequences of something like that.

"I need to talk to Luka!" Adrien said, standing up.

"It's too late. Wait till tomorrow." Simon said, trying to make his voice sound calm. "Try to get some sleep."

"I don't think I will be able to sleep." Adrien said, looking at his watch. Confirming that it was indeed too late to go visit Luka.

"Remember that at the moment these are all just theories. We could be imagining worse things than what could actually be happening." Simon said, running a hand over Adrien's hair.

Adrien just nodded.

"Hmm... Luka couldn't actually be a sentimonster, could he?" Plagg said thoughtfully.

Adrien flopped onto his bed, covering his face with a pillow.

"You are not helping my friend." Simon said.

* * *

The next morning Adrien took advantage of the fact that his father was very busy with a new collection to be able to escape from the mansion.

"Wish me good luck." Chat Noir said.

"Mmm... I don't understand why you want to talk to him as Chat Noir and not as Adrien." Simon said.

"Because as Adrien he may think that there is not much that I could do to help him. On the other hand, as Chat Noir..." Chat said, flexing his arm.

"The modesty." Simon said smiling. "Go on then. Go help your boyfriend. Just please..."

"Be careful. Yes, I know. I will." Chat Noir said.

Chat was about to go out the window when he surprised Simon by turning around and giving him a hug.

"Don't worry. Nothing bad is going to happen to him." Simon said.

Suddenly he had the feeling that that was not the reason for the hug.

<He's not telling me something!> Simon thought.
He felt chills run down his spine and arms at the thought that it was a goodbye hug. Simon was going to ask him, but right then Chat ended the hug and quickly went out the window, leaving the bodyguard fiddling with his hands.