Part 14: An unusual case.

After feeding Plagg, Adrien transformed back into Chat Noir. He spent hours searching for Luka, but found no trace of him. It was getting late and eventually he had to stop searching for him and return home or he would get in troubles with his father.

"Double akuma. That is new." Simon said when Adrien finished telling him what happened.

"What if he didn't actually get rid of the akuma?" Plagg asked.

"Do you mean that he just pretended and that my cataclysm actually destroyed an ordinary butterfly?" Adrien asked scared at the idea.

"My cataclysm. And yes, that's what I mean. " Plagg replied while chewing camembert.

"But... why do that? It doesn't sound to me as something that Luka would do. And... Hawk Moth wouldn't leave him the akuma just like that. He would either force him to attack Chat Noir or take the akuma away." Adrien replied, standing up.

"And there is also the question of who was that other person who was speaking to him inside his mind." Simon said thoughtfully.

"Ugg... This is getting too complicated." Adrien said covering his face with his hands.

Simon got up from the couch and placed a hand on his shoulder.
"Focus on the positive side. He's fine. Paris is fine. So, try getting some rest. Ok?" Simon said.

"Ok. I'll try." Adrien said.

Simon smiled and ran one of his huge hands over his hair. "That's my so-"

The bodyguard's eyes opened as much as Adrien's.

"And I better go get some sleep too." Simon said quickly.

The next day Adrien left for the Couffaine's boat as soon as he finished the tasks his father had given him. Juleka had responded to a message Adrien had sent her the night before; she was telling him that Luka had already returned to the ship and was fine. Adrien was surprised by the last part of the message. He wondered what had happened to the akuma.

Simon stopped a few blocks from the ship. Gabriel Agreste had given the bodyguard tasks to do as well, so Adrien told him that it was okay for him to be left at that spot, that way Simon would save time and would be able to finish on time.
Adrien found it strange that Simon got out of the limo as well.

"Well... you know. Be very careful." Simon said, putting both hands on his shoulders and looking him straight in the eye. "Don't let your guard down. Don't let love blind you. Ok?"

"Do not worry. I'll be fine." Adrien said smiling.

Simon let go of his shoulders and looked up as if looking for something. Adrien felt guilty because he knew the true reason why he was doing that.

"You told me the same thing yesterday and I had to watch you take that attack all by yourself." Simon said quietly.

"I'm sorry you had to see that. But the worst is over. " Adrien said.
Adrien saw that Simon looked unconvinced when he averted his gaze to the side.

"Ladybug called me this morning to scold me for not calling her yesterday. She said that she will be paying more attention to the news. I think she's thinking about how to punish me for not having called her. My point is that the whole fighting alone thing won't happen again. I'll be fine. I promise." Adrien said, extending his hand towards his friend.

"Do not promise what you are not absolutely sure you are going to fulfill." Simon said, taking Adrien's hand and giving him a handshake.

"Well... I'm off to see my boyfriend." Adrien said happily. Simon smiled, it was clear that Adrien loved having Luka as his boyfriend.
Adrien was about to turn to go to the boat, but was stopped by his hand, which Simon still hadn't let go.

Story of a first kiss.जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें