Summer love pt.1

Hey welcome to a new short story!! This one will have some more parts tho! It will be parts of your diary and the normal story line ofcourse enjoy!
———————————————————-
I kissed my parents goodbye.
"Goodbye mom and dad im gonna miss you!"
"Have a safe trip love you!" My parents yelled.
"I love you too!" I said as i waved for the last time and watched them drive away from the airport.
I took a deep breath and walked inside.
Dear diary,
I was finally old enough to travel on my own. Its been my dream for so long to travel through Europe. The first stop is gonna be Rome. You know what's ironic? I've been to Italy dozens of times but i've never actually been to the capital of Italy. From there on i will be traveling in Italy outside of Rome and continue my journey in other countries aswell. Im hoping to find interesting people and learn more about cultures. I have never been so excited for anything in my life! See you in Roma <3

I closed my diary when i heard the speaker say it was time to board the plane. I sat next to the window and almost slept the whole flight. We landed and the second i got out of the plane the heat gushed over my body and the sun shone on my cheeks. I took a second to take everything in and walked towards the bus that led us to our suitcases. Rome here i come!

I collected my suitcase and took a cab to the place i was going to stay the night, it was an airbnb where this lovely old Italian woman lived with the most beautiful view in Rome. I looked out of the window and admired the place where i was going to stay these coming weeks. I payed the driver and was infront of the blue door, casa blu this tiny board said on the side of the door. I knocked on the door and the woman opened the door. "Ciao! Benvenuto a Roma!" The woman said with a happy tone. She led me to the living room that had this beautiful kitchen and she told me she was making Amaretti. (Italian pastry) she then led me to my room and it was absolutely stunning. You had your traditional tiles and beautiful curtains and this lovely balcony with a view the whole city. I was in love.

I decided to discover the city a bit after i walked for awhile I decided to sit at an fountain and write in my diary.

Dear diary,
I am officially in Rome and feel so happy! Like i belong here. The woman of the house is really sweet and my room is lovely i walked through the city and the houses are painted in beautiful shades like yellow and orange and the people are really kind, i went to all these shops with handmade jewelry and i got beautiful earrings. Im planning on taking myself out for a dinner at a restaurant that my friend told me about which is supposed to be awesome! I cant wait!

-time skip-

I looked on google maps and followed the directions to the restaurant. With some help from kind Italians i found it. It looked very comfortable and the lights were really setting the mood. I sat down at one of the last tables. "Buonasera, mi dispiace ma questo tavolo è riservato" the waiter said.
I understood what he said but I didn't know how to reply.
"I didn't see anything that said it was reserved" i said out of frustration for not being able to asnwer in italian.
"Sorry, its reserved" he replied with a heavy Italian accent.
Suddenly this guy next to me starts speaking Italian very quickly.
I understood some words he said but not enough to translate what he said.
I studied the waiter's face to determine what was said to him. He looked annoyed but i think the guy next to me convinced him into something. When they were done the waiter walked away and grabbed me a menu.
"Don't worry, their always like this to tourists" the man next to me said with a slight Italian accent.
I finally turned around to look at him.
He had dark brown hair and brown eyes, very defined cheekbones and a touch of mischief in his smile. He was smoking a cigarette also sitting alone.
I was still staring at him and I didn't even notice.
"Is it you're first time in Italy?" He then asked.
"It's not actually" i said smiling
"I've been to Italy dozens of times but never to Rome" I continued.
"Really?" He said whilst blowing out smoke.
"Well what brings you to Rome?" He asked.
"Okay well, my parents have always been strict you know? And I always knew that the day that i was old enough to travel on my own i would leave and just live like Donna for awhile, it has been my dream since i was younger"
"You mean Donna from mama mia?"
"Thats what you got from that!?" I asked him laughing.
"Noo i get it, i've traveled through europe too!"
"Really?" I asked him in the same tone when he asked me the same question.
"Your funny!" He said slightly sarcastic
"And yes i have, where are you from?"
"Y/c, have you ever been there?"
"I have actually"
"And did you like it?"
"Absolutely" he said smiling widely as he kept talking about his experience he had in my country.
"So tell me about you're trip through europe" i said as i stood up to sit across from him at his table.
I Don't know why but I suddenly felt the need to be bold, maybe its because of him.
"I'm y/n" i said as i held out my hand.
"Nice to meet you y/n im Damiano" he said smirking as he shook my hand.
The waiter brought our food and drinks and we talked all night. Like were old friends hanging out with eachother after a long time. He walked with me to casa blu. The sky was a deep shade of blue and the stars were visible.
"The world is so extraordinary" i said whilst looking at the sky.
He looked up.
And then he looked at me.
"I mean all we do is sit on our phones but sometimes you just need to get out of that bubble and look up, and look around you and just take it all in, all of earths beauty"
I looked at him.
"I admire you y/n, i like the way you see the world" he said smiling.
We kept on talking and finally arrived at casa blu we said our goodbyes and i opened the door and was about to get in until he said something.
"Y/n?"
"Yea?" I said coming back to the front.
"I can show you Rome, i'll see you tomorrow morning at ponte Garibaldi 9am" he said with a look on his face i couldnt really describe something in his eyes said he was up to something. he gave me one last smirk and walked away. I closed the door and went back to my room. I grabbed my diary instantly and started writing every part of tonight.