Kabanata 12

She has been silent the whole lunch. Hanggang ngayon na hinahatid ko siya pauwi sa bahay niya dahil hindi wala na siyang gagawin sa hapon dahil tapos na siya sa pagsesecure ng deal. I couldn't stop the silence anymore.

I stopped the car on the road. "Is there something wrong Geia?" I asked.

She looked at me and smiled. "Wala naman. Okay lang naman ako.. I am just tired." My heart felt pain because of this.

I am not really expressive when it comes to someone I love. I have no experience with woman. She is my first girlfriend after all.

"I am sorry if I am not expressive when it comes to my feelings. I'll try my best to be more open to you okay?" I said.

She smiled but I know that the smile is different from her usual smiles. Her usual smile was more of expressive. Her eyes would sparkle in happiness. Her eyes would crinkle and would look like a half crescent moon.

I started the engine again and drove again. Once we arrived, she went out from my car. Lumabas na rin ako sa kotse ko. "You can go now."

"Do you want me to accompany you?" I asked.

"No. I know that you are handling a lot of patients now, Doc. You have to go." She said.

I nodded. "I'll go once you get inside the house."

Tumango ito at ngumiti pero hindi pa rin umabot ang ngiti nito sa kanyang mata.

She turned her back and walked away. I could no longer stop it.. I hate her fake smiles.

I pulled her back and hugged her tightly. "If you are mad about something you have to tell me. I am still new to this relationship so please you have to tell me once you are bothered by something. I will ensure I would give everything you ask for. Everything you have to know and everything you ask me to do." Once we broke away from the hug, I kissed her forehead.

She looked at me with pain in her eyes. "Are you sure that you really like me, View?" She asked.

"Why do you ask?"

"You never really replied to my I love you last night. I am not demanding for an answer to that now.. But.. I just want to know if you really like me like what you told me before. Baka.. Napilitan ka lang. Baka may iba kang gusto.. Baka di mo naman pala ako gusto." Tears formed in her eyes.

My heart broke when I saw her crying. I removed her tears by wiping it with my fingers. I held her face and smiled. "You don't have to worry about anything. One thing is for sure.. I really like you. I don't plan on lying about my feelings and I don't plan to look at other woman but you." I said seriously as my heart pounded.

"I still doubt it."

"If you really love me like what you have said then trust me that I would never ever lie to you. I like you so damn much, Geia."

I could no longer suppress my feelings for her. In the broad daylight, I kissed her.

****

"You're smiling like you're on cloud 9." I was back to reality when Yunifer went inside my clinic.

"What are you doing here, Yuni?" I asked.

"Nothing.."

"Then, I must go. I have patients to assist." But before I was able to go out, Yunifer hugged me from my back.

"I miss you. I went back for you." Yunifer said honestly.

I slowly removed her hands away. "Yuni. I already told you before--"