Chapter 12 - Twin Chefs

Start from the beginning

"Now... what do I use to create a very, very loud noise that will distract a giant cook..."

Mono's eyes darted around the room, landing on a distraction that would work very well.

"Perfect."

He grinned, walking over to the counter near him and hopping up, grabbing onto the edge and hoisting himself onto the counter's surface. Next to him, a giant grey button was implanted in the wall, and next to it was a table saw, stained with dry blood.

"Alright, let's do this."

Mono leaned over and pressed on the button, activating the loud table saw and immediately sending both chefs into a frenzy. He jumped, his survival instincts kicking in, Mono running away immediately and sliding under a counter, watching from the shadows as both chefs hurried over to where the table saw was located.

"Mono..!"

He glanced over at Six who was motioning for Mono to follow her. Taking one quick look at the chefs, he turned around and quickly ran over to Six, cautiously observing his surroundings for any broken shards of glass or objects that could potentially give away his position.

"We don't have much time, they're gonna see us...."

Mono whispered to Six, to which she nodded in response, turning around and walking toward the middle of the room where the sink with the large stack of plates was found. Seven was already on top of the pile, looking down at Mono and Six who were beginning their ascent as the chefs turned off the saw, the kitchen becoming very quiet, the only sound being heard was the chefs' heavy breathing.

"Guys, be careful, this pile is very-"

SMASH!!

Seven was cut off as a plate fell off from the stack while Six and Mono were climbing up it.

WHAAAHHH!!

The two chefs let out a cry in unison as the sound of their heavy footsteps began to grow closer. Mono and Six quickened their pace, rushing up the plate stack while Seven watched with great worry from above.

"Uh... hey you two! Haha... um... how are you doing today?!"

"What?"

Mono looked on in confusion as Seven tried his best to stall the two incoming chefs by speaking with them in a relatively calm manner. The two chefs let out loud whines as they pointed at the three who were on top of the pile, reaching their hands up and grabbing at them, trying to keep their precious plate stack intact.

"Woah..!"

Mono struggled to keep his balance with the little room he had to stand, Six holding onto him and keeping him from falling onto the ground below.

"When are we gonna go for the hook?"

Six questioned, looking up at the wide variety of hooks that were moving directly above them.

"We can go anytime, just... who's gonna go first?"

"I can."

Mono answered Seven's question, reaching a hand up at the hook. It was within his reach, his height helping him grab it better than Seven or Six could.

"Well, you are the tallest, so..."

Six shrugged, agreeing with his idea as one of the chefs ran off to the side, disappearing around a corner as the other one kept a watchful eye over the three.

"You two ready?"

"Ready as I'll ever be."

Seven confidently prepared them as Monocracked his knuckles, looking up at the hook he was planning on grabbing onto. As it came into range, he jumped up and successfully grabbed onto it, letting it carry him away.