Emperor Castle [Chapter 7]

!! TW !!
This chapter will include Angst and Family Issues
If you're uncomfortable with these type of stuff I suggest you to skip this chapter

________________________________________________

"Welcome back.." The Emperor says with no emotions, i quickly bow down on my knees after approaching his throne, "So.. how did it go?" He asks, I took a deep breath, trying to not stutter, "Well, The Human had a few close friends, I payed attention to a few of them.. there's about 5 people who was hanging out with her,, It's the Blight kids and 2 other kids, I'm pretty sure the two also snuck in into the castle before" i said nervously. My Uncle slowly sighed, why does everything he does sounds so.. threatening in so many ways? "Stand up.." He says, i quickly stand up and face him, I looked at him who was giving me a stare, trust me it's creepy. "So.. I've heard you showed your face to Hexside?.." Belos looked at me, dead in the eyes staring at my soul, i knew he was dissapointed at me, it's obvious.. "i-i swear it was an accident I'm so sor-" as I tried to contunie, he looked at me upset.. and I knew i gotta shut my mouth before something gets any worse. "And I heard instead of fighting back, you just sit there.. covering your face? Pathetic." He says, it completely hurts me, I feel like literally crying,, but obviously.. I don't wanna do it here cause it'll just get worse. "You know Hunter, crying is for the weak, as MY Right hand man you should be ashamed for being such an embarassement and disappointment.. it hurts seeing what I've raised being such a.. weakling, you know..?" He looked down at me with such a dissapointed face. "I swear I'll took care of this, I promise" i mumbled and looked down to the floor. "You're lucky enough right now.. get out of my sight" he said. I sighed and turned around walking to the door, before I opened the door, he loudly whispers "And before going back to your room, check on the Bard Coven leader,, in the cell along with their crew on separate cells" I nodded, taking it as a yes and opened the door. I walk around going to the prison, seeing a bunch of Scots walking around but completely gets out of my way when I walked to their direction.

I made it to the room with a bunch of prisoners in it, they all looked at me when I opened the door, seeing them all scared,suprised and stuff like that. I closed the door when i got in and try to found the Bard Coven leader. It didn't took me a while, they were on another room separating them from other prisoners, i entered the hall seeing the Bard Coven Leader. i looked at their cell to see how they're doing, they looked at me and gasped, i was confused for a second, I thought Kikimora possesed them or something? But I guess not. "The Golden Guard,," they mumbled, "Uh huh, i was told by the Emperor to check on you.." i said, i also noticed three other people besides their cell looking all bored and upset, they wore similiar outfits with the Bard Coven Leader,, it was a nice uniform, i can't deny. They all noticed I was looking at them, a short, grey pale haired girl, who looks like a bat looked at me,, completely pissed, and stick her tounge out at me.. i groaned and mumbled "why does everyone do that.." with an annoyed tone, "Did you.. say something?" The Bard Coven leader said and made me payed attention to them again, "No" i chuckled, the Bard Coven leader was standing then leans into a wall and slowly goes down as they put both of their hands on their face and sighed, later then they looked at me, again.. confused, "i thought you supposed to.. go away by now?.. SORRY IF I'M SOUNDING RUDE!!" they said awkwardly and randomly loudly whispered at the last sentence, "You're not-" i said again, it was akward silence between all of us, but I quickly broke it, "yeah,, you're right- I should probably get going before something happens" i mumbled, this time all of the crew looked confused, a similiar looking girl with dark skin and a ponytail questions, "What do you mean 'Something happens?'.." She said, "None of your business" i then chuckled and look down to the floor, again. They all looked at me confused, we were all silent, all I can hear is some people crying outside of the door, coven scouts outside and, that's all. "I don't have any opinions on you, but.. are you okay? You seem a bit, down?" I hear someone say that, I looked to the direction where that voice is, it was the Bard Coven leader, standing back and putting their hands on the bars of the cell and looking at me, frowning and seem to worry about me, "Why do you care?! Plus, isn't Kikimora supposed to take care of you?" I screamed quietly, but loud enough to make everyone in this room hear, the Bard coven leader and their crew. "Well, I don't know.. I woke up here and the first thing I see is my crew being locked up and screaming my name,, all I remember was seeing Kikimora, and red vines covering my whole body, slowly?" they mumble and then sit back on the floor, for some reason i somehow feel a bit, guilty.. But why?! I'm the Golden Guard, I shouldn't feel guilty over such a small thing, right? Well I'm not supposed to care, that was Kiki's doings anyways. "Right.." i loudly whispered,, how did they know I'm even upset? I'm literally wearing a mask here.. "I'm still scared on what will I do to everyone, Kikimora will probably brainwashed me or something" they said sounding way too worried and overthinking, i feel bad but, what can I do? Save them?! Yeah that's just gonna get me in too much trouble. They all looked upset and worried for eachother, meanwhile I'm just standing here. I then stand in front of a wall besides them, turned around and slowly sitting to my knees, "Ugh..." i mumbled and put my head on my knees, they all looked confused but didn't complain, instead they (the Crew) join me and sit, "So.. how's everything going" the ponytail girl said again, "Nothing much.." i mumbled. "You know, i think you'll be fine with getting your mask off.. we're imprisoned anyways" the bat looking girl say and groaned, without thinking I opened my hood, all of them looked shocked, including the Bard Coven leader, "woah.. I didn't think you'll take me seriously" the bat said. that made me gasped, and hesitate.. then i put my hood back feeling guilty, "Why did I do that?!" I whispered, not knowing i said it loudly that make everyone frowned, "no.. it's okay! You're fine, Golden Guard" The Bard Coven leader says and smiled at me, I hesitated to get my hood off, but I did anyways, They all looked at me and their frowned turned into a mixed emotion? "Nice" the bat says and smiled, she put her hands up and turned it into a thumbs up, it made me looked suprised but, I just hid it. I looked back at the Bard Coven leader seeing them smiling at me, "Raine.. Raine Whispers" they said, it's a nice name i must say, they then approach me slowly and started looking at me, I turned around cause I feel like they won't like it,, "Oh! I'm sorry for staring too long, that'd probably made you uncomfortable" they say, I looked at them again,, suprised, how did they exactly knew how I'm feeling? But I gotta agree, it was comforting. After a few minutes of silence between all of us, i.. for some reason just took off my mask without hesitation, they all gasped.. "You're way younger than I thought you would look like" a dark skinned guy with gold glasses approach and get his hands on the bars of the cell, "A lot of people told me that" i chuckled. Mx. Whisper just looked at me and frowned with a worried look. This time I didn't look away, I just let it go and put my hands on my knees.

(Raine's POV)

I looked at The Golden Guard, noticing a few things on his face, the scarred cheek, halfly cutted ear, and eyebags.. My Titan, i feel bad for him, he looks so young.. and tired. I quickly loud whisper to him saying to come closer a bit, he hesitated at first but.. he did end up doing it, "Hey... you know you should get some sleep and try to not overwork yourself" i whispered and smiled at him, i put my hand on his hair and softly pets his head, he kinda flinched at it but slowly it fades away. "Thanks, Mx.Whispers.." he quietly mumbled, i whispered at him saying "I'm really sorry if this is too personal, but.. how old are you..?" He looked at me with no emotions and opened his mouth saying.. "im.. 16" quietly.. i was suprised, of course I am.. who wouldn't? Seeing such a powerful respected mysterious Guard whos just turned out to be a young child who needs a break from all of the pressure he's in, I also noticed a tooth gap, i think to myself.. how did he get those?, it just kept on repeating on my head, but I slowly tried to get it away from my mind a bit, just focusing on the poor boy. "So.. how did you get here? And aren't you technically underaged to join the coven..?" I asked, that probably made him uncomfortable,, I shouldn't said that! I snapped back to reality hearing the Golden Boy sighed, "i didn't have a choice" he said and putting his head on his knees, "How so?" I asked him, he tried to get it together and looked at me which leading to an eye contact with eachother, "Belos took me in here when I was young, i somehow survived something but.. my other family members didn't, which leading him raising me since I was young to now.." he frowned

(Hunter's POV)

I said he took me in because I didn't really want anyone to know that me and him are blood related, i honestly don't know what's real and fake.. am i adopted? am i not? I don't remember my parents faces, do I have siblings?.. but I tried to get those off my mind and looked down to the floor, again. "I'm sorry about that, a kid like you doesn't deserve to be put in such things, I remember those days where my friend would complain about school, but.. you're really strong for not giving up, even with how cruel of a life you're in.." Mx.Whispers says, i felt odd, it feels warm and comforting, this is all... new, it was a nice warm feeling. My frown turned into a soft smile, they also smiled at me and put their hand from my hair to my back, it was nice. After a few moments of comfort and smiles, some scout shouted.. "Golden Guard? Are you okay?! You've been there for a while" which ruined the moment between us, "Oh! I'll be out in a minute.." i mumbled, I stand up and grabbed my mask, put my hood up.. I walked away from the cell, to the door.. but before I opened it, I see Mx.Whispers and their crew waving at me as a goodbye with a smile on their face, i waved back and leave their room.

I got back to my room, and opened my mask.. then revealing Rascal who was on my coat, "Hey Pal!" I said, "I've been feeling odd, it's a nice feeling actually.. it felt like i was getting out from all the stress I'm getting! It's like they don't exist today, it's fun actually!!" I happily said to my Palisman with a smile, i sit down on my bed and started to think about the fun I've been having today, you know.. maybe the youngest Blight was right, I just gotta let myself meet the people who won't make me feel bad about myself. But something got me thinking, the difference between Belos and Raine was really incredible, suddenly I got flashbacks from Belos basically kicking me out from his sight.. to Mx.Whispers waving at me saying goodbyes with a smile along with their crew.. it's odd but, I'll get to know about it when I have the time to.

Note
Yes, Raine as a parental figure, idk why but I think Raine would be a perfect parent for Hunter for some reason,,

Also if ur one of my discord friends and ur seeing this then.. no ur not

Words: 2170