𝚁𝚘𝚢𝚊𝚕𝚝𝚢ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ 𝚃𝚘𝚛𝚞 𝙾𝚒𝚔𝚊𝚠𝚊

𝙳𝚊𝚢 𝙽𝚒𝚗𝚎

𝚆𝚘𝚛𝚍: 𝚁𝚘𝚢𝚊𝚕𝚝𝚢

ꕥ ꕥ ꕥ

I walk into the gym, unsurprised to see that the third-years are already there. Setting my bag down and shuffling through to find my clipboard, someone begins to approach.

"Hello, (Y/N)! Have you had a good day?"

I look up at the Seijoh captain, who's smiling down at me with almost too much interest.

"Yeah, I've been fine. You?"

Truth was, I was feeling burnt out and overwhelmed, gloomy, even. But I can't just tell him that.

"I've been alright." He pauses, as if thinking out and choosing his next words very carefully. "I heard you got in trouble in Ms. Okuda's class."

I flinch, but shrug it off and stand up. "Yeah, I was accused of cheating because this girl behind me wanted me to pass a note to her boyfriend." Looking at the clipboard, I grab a sheet of paper to clip on.

Oikawa observes my expression for a quick moment.

"Are you actually okay?"

I clip the paper onto the board. Slowly, my eyes drift up to his face. Outwardly, it reads question, but small, seemingly irrelevant details on his face give away his concern.

A very subtle pursing of the lips, crinkling of the eyelid, and his arms folding.

I look back down to the clipboard. "I'm just burnt out, it's not that big of a deal."

I pick up the clipboard, ready to record the success rates of attack patterns, but I'm stopped by Oikawa stepping in front of me.

"No, no. You aren't allowed to come in today."

"Wha- Why not?"

"If you're burnt out, take some time to destress and unwind! Keeping on with work will just make burnout way worse."

"But-"

"Uh uh, no buts." He grins passive-aggressively, setting his hands on my shoulders, turning me around and gesturing me out of the gym. "You should treat yourself like royalty when you aren't feeling up to it."

"B-But who's going to do the work that the manager usually does!?"

"We can do it ourselves." He hands me my bag. "Go home, get some rest, and drink water. If you don't, I'll convince your mom to walk you to class tomorrow."

"I- WAIT-"

He shut the door, singing, "Goodbye~!"

I stare at the door and smile, shaking my head. He can be a nuisance in how he goes about it, but I guess he does care.

Slinging my bag over my shoulder, I start toward the entrance of the school. Oikawa opens the doors again once I'm gone, and sighs in relief.