𝙱𝚘𝚘𝚔ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ 𝚃𝚎𝚝𝚜𝚞𝚛𝚘𝚞 𝙺𝚞𝚛𝚘𝚘

𝙳𝚊𝚢 𝙵𝚒𝚟𝚎

𝚆𝚘𝚛𝚍: 𝙱𝚘𝚘𝚔

ꕥ ꕥ ꕥ

I trace my eyes over the words in the book, sipping from my juice, not exactly paying attention to the story of the novel I've read about 15 times now. My feet tap silently under my desk and I finish the juice pouch, sighing at nothing in particular.

Starting to pay attention to the novel again, I can feel the presence of someone behind me, most likely reading over my shoulder, but I ignore it because I already know who it is.

Setting down the book momentarily and throwing the empty pouch toward the trash can across the room, I take no mind to the boy behind me, and once the pouch lands in the trash bin, I go back to reading.

"That book again?" Kuroo finally speaks, and when I stay quiet, he leans over my shoulder. "What's it even about anyway? You never told me about it."

My eyes drift over to look at him, and once I poke his face to give myself a little personal space, I set my bookmark between the pages and hand him the book so that he can read the blurb on the back cover.

"Huh? It's just a romance novel?"

"Sure, you could call it that." I set my hand back on the book to grab it back, and he lets go of it.

"Didn't know you were into that stuff. You seem like you would be into sci-fi or horror." He folds his arms and smirks, to which I look back at him with pursed lips and furrowed eyebrows. "I seriously do?"

"Yeah. You give off that vibe. Have you secretly been a hopeless romantic all this time?"

"I- shush." I look away from his face and stare at the cover.

"Can I read it sometime? I wanna know what's so interesting about it that makes you keep coming back to it, shorty."

Shorty. Chibi-chan. Munchkin.

These are the nicknames that Kuroo has given me over the years, even though I've always been near his height, and right now I'm only four inches away.

My eyes snap back to his, glaring daggers at him. "Don't call me short. I'm literally 5'10. That's considered tall for a girl."

"But I'm still 6'2, and therefore you're short compared to me." He snickers.

I stand up out of my seat and slap the back of his head before grabbing the novel and rounding the desks. He follows a few seconds later, catching up easily because of his long legs.

"Okay, but can you actually tell me why you call me short even though I'm not? Your previous answer was a stupid one. Aren't you supposed to be a nerd, Kuro?"

"Yeah, that was a dumb answer, wasn't it?"

I tsk, followed by a small smile.

"Anyway, I call you short to see your reaction."

"What, like the time you went over to Yamamoto's house to watch him play a dating sim so he could learn to talk to girls?"

"Wha- Akane told you about that, didn't she."

I chuckle. "Yup."

"Jeez, you're the real enemy, huh? You have way too much blackmail. Next thing I know I'm going to see you adding to an album in your phone labeled 'blackmail'," He puts his hands up in the air, using his index fingers and thumbs to form a picture frame shape of sorts, "and there's going to be like 400 photos or videos in it."

"Hah! I wish."

"Anyway, where are you taking me?"

"The library."

"The library? Why?"

I look over at him and raise my eyebrow. "You said you wanted to read the novel, right? We're going to check out your own copy, because this copy is simply too special to me."

His brows raise in surprise. "Huh. You're actually doing something nice?"

"I do nice things all the time. This is just a much more bold version of what I usually do."

He snickers a little. "Alright then."