𝙿𝚎𝚝𝚒𝚝𝚎ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ 𝚂𝚊𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚒 𝚃𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚘𝚞

𝙳𝚊𝚢 𝚂𝚒𝚡

𝚆𝚘𝚛𝚍: 𝙿𝚎𝚝𝚒𝚝𝚎

ꕥ ꕥ ꕥ

"How tall are you again, (Y/N)-chan?"

I sigh. "I'm 5'1. You're almost 6'2, aren't you?"

"Yup!"

He hums, leaning forward and looking at my face, cocking his head. "Hey, what's wrong with being short? You're smaller, so you can fit through small spaces and move faster."

"I guess? I just like being taller than people, but I'm simply not tall."

"Petite is the word you're looking for?"

I look over at him and blink once, twice. "Um... I forgot what that word means."

Tendou stands back up straight, waving his hands. "Ah, forget about it."

"Okay then."

What does 'petite' mean? I can't remember at all. My eyes travel to the face of the boy walking beside me and I scan his expression, only to find it unreadable. He glances over at me, meeting my stare with squinted eyes and his usual smile.

I jolt, looking back forward.

'Shoot, that was dumb of me,' Tendou thinks.

I pull out my phone and open the browser, typing in 'petite definition' while the boy beside me silently panics, although masking it perfectly with his unreadable expression.

Once it comes up, I stare at the search results.

petite
adjective
attractively small and dainty (used of a woman)

I mentally let out an 'Oh.'

I look back to Tendou, repeating the definition. "Is that what you meant?"

He squints at the phone screen and finally answers, "Perhaps."

"Do you mean.. um... a-attractively so?"

He hums and stops walking, leaning down to get a better look at me. I avoid meeting his gaze, crossing my arms and turning my head sideways.

He sets his hand on my chin and rubs his thumb into my cheek, following the action with a big smile. "Yeah! You're really dainty and cute."

I snap my eyes over to Tendou, moving my arm to obscure my face from the nose down. He chuckles a little and pats my head. "I'm telling the honest truth."

"You too." I stumble out.

"Huh?"

"You're cute too."

He blinks with a blank expression, and then his eyes light up. "Really?"

"Yeah." I perk up, uncovering my face and starting to play with my fingers.

He smiles wide and traps me in a hug, rubbing his cheek against the top of my head. "Thank you! No-one's ever called me cute before."

"They must be dense then." I mutter, gently setting my hands on his arms and pressing my cheek against them. "You're really cool, Tendou."