Chapter Seventeen: Remember, Remember The Fifth Of November

Începe de la început

She looked across and saw Peter standing outside of The Three Broomsticks, they caught each other's eyes and he grinned walking towards her.

"You're late."

"You haven't seen me in nearly two months and that's the first thing you say to me?" Aries said, hugging him.

"Yeah, but you're still late, I said six, it is... six-oh-one." he said with a matter of fact.

"Oh, well in that case, it's too late to do anything... I'll just go back." she joked, turning back to Honeydukes.

"I think we've got a bit of spare time." Peter said, smiling as he pulled her back towards him.

She grinned at him handing the peppermint toads.

"My favourite, thank you."

"You're welcome, now what are we doing?" she asked.

"Well do you remember what day it is?"

"Umm?" she thought, she knew it had been Sirius' birthday a few days ago, she had sent him a few bits for the day. "The fifth?"

"Remember, remember the fifth of November?"

"What- Oh!" her eyes lit up. "Bonfire night! Are we going to one of them?"

Peter nodded. "I got us tickets to one of the parks I used to go to as a kid." he held out his arm and the two apperated away from Hogsmeade.

They ended up on a large field in the darkness further down they could see the smoke billowing from the giant bonfire, the smell of burning wood filled their nostrils, the music sounded faint from so far away.

"Come on." Peter nodded as they walked down the muddy path arm in arm, they passed several muggles who were excited for the celebrations.

They got closer and Aries could see the fire, children were laughing and dancing around it, their parents kept a close eye on them.

By the entrance a large van was parked, a queue formed as mostly everyone was waiting for the pink candyfloss.

"I know a better place." Peter said, walking away from the van, they walked past the fireworks being set up, and towards another one selling toffee apples.

He ordered two and handed one to Aries.

"Thanks." she said, biting into it. "Oh wow, this is way better than the one at Hogwarts."

Peter nodded. "Sometimes muggle is better."

Aries agreed.

"Oh! Remember I told you about these." Peter said, he hustled over to a man selling what seemed like to Aries were sticks.

"Are those wands?"

He shook his head. "Better." He took out a lighter from his pocket and lit up the tip, sparks emerged from the stick.

"Woah!" Aries said as he gave it to her. "Could have used these at school, I'm surprised you and the boys didn't use them." she said, waving it around.

"Yeah, Remus and I did think it would have been a cool idea but then we thought if Sirius and James got a hand on them then there wouldn't be Hogwarts anymore."

"That is a good point."

"FIVE MINUTES UNTIL THE FIREWORK DISPLAY! FIVE MINUTES!"

Aries grinned at Peter and pulled his arm. "Come on, I want to get a good view."

The two walked towards the barriers, moments later the sky was filled with the flashing colourful lights.

Aries looked up, then towards Peter, the lights glowed on him, she smiled as he looked back at her. "Star, you're missing them,"

Her eyes didn't leave him. "Peter?"

"Yeah?"

"I love you."

He lightly squeezed her hand.

"I love you-" Peter said, tears ran down his face, he tried to walk towards her.

"NO!" Aries shouted, backing away from him. "If you loved me you wouldn't have done this! You wouldn't have become this!"

"I had to- it was the only way. I didn't have a choice-"

"I almost died when they tried to turn me! I almost died! And you're telling me you didn't have a choice!"

"Please Star-"

"Don't call me that, you don't get to call me that-"

"Aries I-"

"I love you too." he said, he lifted her hand up and kissed it softly. "I love you so much." He pulled her closer and she put her head on his chest as they watched the rest of the display.

She was glad to have him there, she was happy.

Nothing would ever tear them apart.

Nothing.

_________________
Chapter 17!!!!

Please vote and comment 🌟

♈️