Eighteen

Super long chapter ahead. Enjoy.
_______________

"You didn't say that, did you?" Asked Manik looking at Nandini trying to calm his raging nerves. He hated Ishani with all his heart. And why not? She was the sole reason of whatever his love went through or is still going through.

"Yes. I did." Replied Nandini calmly. She knew, Manik doesn't like her mother even a bit and will never support her in this decision. But again, it was for their own good and she hoped that Manik would understand her point of view too.

Manik closed his eyes taking a deep breathe and immediately moved away from bed not before saying-

"Can't believe this."

He stood near their window showing his back to Nandini while gritting his teeth hard. His fists clenched tight. His breathing raged. He was stopping himself from bursting out his anger on Nandini.

Nandini sighed and moved near him. Sensing her presence near, he spoke.

"If you're here to convince me then don't. Because that would never happen and instead, you will get hurt after facing my anger. So better back off and sleep. I am not willing to hurt my love because of someone else." Hearing his cold voice Nandini took a deep breath and gently wrapped her arms around his chest from back while resting her head on his back.

Manik was taken aback with her sudden hug and was about to break it when he heard her speaking.

"Don't. Stay still." Nandini whispered. Manik stayed in same position but didn't say a word.

"You know, when I was thinking about this, almost all the time I was feeling like no! This is wrong! I shouldn't forgive her. Whatever she did was beyond my patience. I lost my precious childhood and many moments in my life. I literally lost my life. When I needed her she was never there for me. Then why now? Why should I give her second chance? Why should I forgive her and let her enter into our lives again? I asked these questions to myself and you know what answers I got from my mind in return?" Asked Nandini softly loosing a grip on Manik and he turned towards her. She gave him small smile before cupping his cheek.

"My mind said- Forgive her for yourself. For your own good. Not because she needs it." Mewed Nandini. Manik looked at her confused. Nandini sighed and held his hand in hers.

"When Navya was doing my counselling, she told me about this and I thought alot coming to the conclusion that she was indeed right. You know Manik unless I forgive her, no one else would do. She will always remain alone, left out. In any of our gatherings, family functions, celebrations we would feel awkward around her and vice versa. I will never like that. However she behaved still she is my mother so I love her, I respect her and I can't see her in pain. This will create more negativity. More stress. Seeing this all, my mind will again divert to those thoughts which I am trying hard to get rid off. I don't wanna let my past ruin my present and future, Manik. By forgiving her, I am willing to let go off my past once and for all. No turning back again. If I forgive her, I am letting go all my bad memories forever and ready to make new ones with you all. With my loving family." Manik's eyes softened hearing her.

"You know whenever I call papa, he put phone on speaker. I know it always. She sends me many things through papa. I know that too. Today's all snacks and those bangles, it was from her. I am aware of her every efforts, Manik. And trust me, I am feeling bad for her. Though she was wrong all the time, she's repenting. I can see the efforts. Though, I don't wanna give in but a part of my heart always gets stabbed thinking how she must be feeling by all of ours behavior. I know the feeling of being ignored by our loved ones. I know, Manik. And trust me, I will never wish anyone to face it. Even if it is my enemy. Then she.. she is toh my mother, Manik. She gave me this life bearing all the pain. Because of her I am with you all. Living this beautiful life. I can't forget this thing and keep on hating her for the things which will do nothing but keep on hurting me everytime I think. I am tired, Manik. I don't want to remember anything. I want to have a new beginning. With you, with our family. Forgetting everything." Said Nandini with moist eyes. Manik nodded no and wiped her eyes softly taking her in a hug. Nandini sniffed.