Klaus Arrives

(April ninth 2010) MJ's POV

It's been six days since we returned from the lake house. Mum and Alaric are having problems at the moment because of John. But last night mum left me with John. While she went with Elena and the girls to a grill for a girls night. I wake up early and go downstairs expecting to see mum making me breakfast. But see Elena in the kitchen.

"Where's mum?" I ask her.

"Still in bed MJ, what do you want for breakfast?" she asks me.

"Cornflakes with sugar and popping candy" I tell her smiling. She makes it for me and I sit at the counter eating it as Alaric appears.

"Hey, is she up yet?" he asks Elena.

"She won't come out of her room" Elena tells him quietly.

"You said she was asleep" I say frowning in confusion.

"What'd you tell her?" he asks Elena ignoring me. What's going on?

"Nothing. She won't talk to me" Elena tells him.

"We're gonna have to fix this, Elena" Alaric tells her as mum appears.

"Mum!" I cheer and run over hugging her waist. As Elena says 'hey' to her.

"I don't want you here, Ric. You need to go" mum tells him.

"Okay, listen. I can't begin to imagine what you must be feeling right now" Alaric tells her.

"Rage and betrayal would pretty much cover it" mum states as she lets me go grabbing her bag. She hands me one and I frown.

"Where are you both going?" Elena asks her.

"We're going to stay on campus. I have a thesis to write, and I don't want to be in this house. No way am I leaving MJ here" mum states.

"But it's my birthday in just under three weeks" I whine.

"Jenna, please just stop. Let us explain to you exactly what is going on" Alaric pleads.

"Elena, I need you to go to the Lockwood's today and accept the Historical Society's check for your mom's foundation" mum tells her. "MJ, no arguments" mum tells me and I pout.

"Okay, but, Jenna, please just..." Elena tries to say.

"I don't have it in me to hear any more lies from you" mum tells her and grabs my hand. We leave and get into her car. She starts to drive to campus.

"Mum, we will be back in time for my birthday right?" I ask her.

"Of course, I just need to be away from everyone for awhile" she assures me.

"What happened?" I ask her.

"You're to young to understand, just know they all lied to me" she tells me. I sigh nodding my head. Making a mental note to call one of the others later to find out what's going on. "When we get to campus, you have to be on your best behavior. Stay in my room when I'm not there, no talking to strangers and do whatever I tell you to do" she tells me. I nod my head.

(Mystic Falls, Alaric's apartment) [April 26th 2010] Third Persons POV

It's been seventeen days since Jenna left for campus with MJ. Jenna promised MJ they'd return tomorrow as it's her birthday in two days. MJ had called the others and found out that her mother knows about Isobel being alive. She hasn't heard anything since then. So it out of the loop. She wished she was home now is tonight is the decade dance and she wanted to help Elena pick out her outfit. But her mum was stubborn.

Anyway Klaus has arrived and taken of Alaric's body. He's spent the last seventeen days quizzing Katherine about Alaric's life. So that no one would suspect a thing. Right now he is trying decide which shirt to wear to the school today. "Oh! Who is this guy, Safari Sam?" he mutters and turns to Katherine. "Okay, bad, or badder?" he asks her.

"The dark colors suit you better" she tells him.

"Oh, thank you, honey" he says as he puts the darker shirt on. "Okay, pop quiz. The dagger and white ash are in the Salvatores' possession, correct?" he asks her.

"The dagger was used to kill Elijah. You'll find him in the basement of the Salvatore house" she tells him.

"Okay, that dagger needs to stay exactly where it is. The last thing I need to do is resurrect Elijah. Oh, that guy is a buzzkill" Klaus states.

"Don't forget you're on the outs with your girlfriend Jenna. Or about her daughter who sees Alaric as her new father" Katherine tells him.

"Right. Elena's aunt and cousin. For all the lies about Isobel. If only she knew her daughter knew also. What else?" he asks her.

"That's it" she tells him. He gets closer to her and touches her face. She seems afraid.

"Oh, so jumpy" he says smirking.

"Please, just...kill me. I've told you everything that I know" she tells him honestly. Klaus puts his hands on the armrests on Katherine's chair and looks her in the face.

"You see, I believe that you believe that, but what would you not know? What could they be keeping from you? Hmm? Anything? Tell me" he says compelling her.

"They were trying to see if Bonnie could find a way to kill an Original without a dagger" she tells him.

"Bonnie the witchy best friend? I thought you said she didn't have her powers anymore" he says.

"She doesn't or didn't. I don't know. You kidnapped me, remember? I'm kinda out of the loop" Katherine reminds him.

"Well, we'll have to get to the bottom of that" he states.

"Please, just kill me, Klaus, and be done with it" she pleads.

"And show you kindness? I've searched for you for over 500 years. Your death is going to last at least half that long" he tells her. He takes a single-blade pocketknife from his pocket, opens it, and holds it before Katherine. "I want you to take this knife...And stab yourself" he says compelling her. She takes the knife and stabs her thigh. "Now take it out" he says and she does so. Her stab wound heals. "Now while I'm gone, I want you to do that over and over and over again and if you get bored, switch legs" he instructs.

"Where are you going?" she asks him.

"I'm gonna go lay eyes on my precious doppelgänger" he states. He kisses her forehead. "Oh, don't look so glum, Katerina. The fun is just beginning. Again" he says as he leaves. He hears her stab her leg again and smirks as he locks the door. Time to see his doppelgänger, though he would of loved to of meet MJ also. Oh well, another time he tells himself.