|| 088|| ▶ 𝙾𝚗𝚎 𝚈𝚎𝚊𝚛 𝙰𝚗𝚗𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚊𝚛𝚢 ▶

Start from the beginning

"You'd be surprised to know that it was neither of them" Wellington meowed behind you, resting on his cat tree along with Smoothie, Chonkers and Pita. The cat blinked at you, licking his paw and drawing it over his ear.

"Oh, it was Kiara then?" Wellington nodded, bunching his legs to gracefully jump to the floor. The other two felines blinked and rustled around before settling back down. Somewhere up in the cat boxes, Pita mewed, her tail dangling out of the hole. You smiled at all the cats, seeing them all bundled up and cosy.

"They're all upstairs, by the way" Then Wellington left the room, probably to go annoy Bubba or chew on Amelia's pc cables.

You pursed your lips and put away the rest of the groceries (not before snapping a quick pic and Kiara's attempt at being menacing).

"Now, let's see what's going on" You felt the stairs creak and sway ominously beneath your feet way more than it usually did. 'Wasn't fixing the stairs, like, number two on our to-do-list when we moved in here?' You questioned yourself, suddenly hearing the first signs of life other than the household pets. Whispering.

It was heard to discern who it was at first, but after a tad too much of admittedly adorable maniacal laughter, it became obvious who it was. The chaos duo, Amelia and Ina. And for all those asking, Amelia and Gura are the ragtag duo.

You smirked and shook your head, knowing it was most likely another prank. Doing your best to remain inconspicuous, you somewhat increased the volume of your footsteps. As soon as you did, the giggling was shushed, albeit poorly.

You really felt tempted to start going on and on about where all your amazing girlfriends were, but that would probably give away that you knew and you couldn't bring yourself to spoil their fun.

Just as you finished that thought, a chorus of cries rang out and two small forces, roughly the size of an out of control watermelon, bashed into you at full speeds at your chest and ankles. Sweet giggling sounded in your ear as you fell to the floor, and gremlin laughter sounded from about where your knees were.

"Gotcha!" Ina cried out, suspiciously tiny hand gripping on to your clothes. Straining your neck, you could see a very small Amelia sitting victoriously on your legs, the smuggest gremlin smirk a single being could muster plastered on her face.

'Is this was JenMa was talking about? Why are they so tiny? And why did she sound so worried?' You sat up, an equally as small Ina hanging from your shoulders. You sighed, feeling a smile pricking at the corners of your mouth as you tried your hardest to remove the tiny priestess from your back.

With the sweetest laugh you ever heard, Small Ina complied, letting your hug her to your chest as Small Ame watched you. With little effort, you wiggled your legs and sent the tiny gremlin toppling to the ground. Before she could react, you scooped her up in your other arm, where Small Ame continued to wriggle and writhe, trying her hardest to free herself.

"So, is this what you've spent your entire afternoon doing?" You asked, sounding almost sarcastic. Small Ina whistled absentmindedly, not meeting your eyes. Small Ame, on the other hand, nodded enthusiastically.

"You betcha! I managed to make everyone small, but you were out shopping so I didn't get to make you tiny. So we all decided to prank you when you got home!" She waved her arms around, almost hitting both you and Small Ina in the face several times.

"Ok, where are the others, then?" You adjusted your grip, letting Small Ina stand on her own, though she quickly grabbed your hand. Small Ame looked offended that she wasn't allowed down and proceeded to cross her arms and pout.

"C'mon Ame, where are the others?" You crooned, much to the annoyance of Small Ame, who only pouted more and tried to wiggle away again.

"Aight, fine, don't tell me. I got this anyway" You let Small Ame down to, and the small detective just tottered around, popping her lips in boredom immediately.