Demigods and Demons 4.1

Shadow awoke to a familiar sight, flying through a tunnel of spiraling lights. He didn't remember how he got here, or how long he had been here.

The last thing he remembered was summoning an incredibly large black hole, one that ate all the surrounding airships.

Afterward, he remembered being washed with hunger, before passing out due to exhaustion.

After that? Things were... fuzzy.

As he focused on the tunnel around him, a familiar process occurred. He was shot out into open space and came face to face with the entity he saw last time, only he was now much closer.

"YOU...ARE A CURIOUS ONE..." The entity said, his voice booming through the vacuum of space.

"Who... are you?" Shadow thought speaking in space would be difficult, but surprisingly it wasn't.

"I HAVE GONE BY MANY NAMES... YOU MAY CALL ME THE OBSERVER." The Observer said, moving back slightly so Shadow could see his closed body.

"I AM SURE YOU WANT TO KNOW WHY YOU ARE HERE?" The Observer questioned, and Shadow slowly nodded.

"IT WILL BE BEST IF I SPEAK TO BOTH OF YOU." The Observer stared at a moment, and Shadow was confused. Nothing had happened...?

Glancing to the left, Shadow did a double-take as he saw Jack floating next to him.

"I RESCUED THE BOTH OF YOU FOR A REASON. OF COURSE, I NOTICED WHEN ANGEL VANQÚEZ SPREAD HIS CONSCIOUSNESS, I ALSO NOTICED THAT THE BOTH KF YOU WERE THE ONES THAT KILLED HIM." The Observer boomed out.

"I HAVE A PROPOSAL. KILL EVERY VERSION OF ANGEL, AND I WILL BRING BACK YOUR WORLD, INCLUDING YOUR SISTER JACK ROKUDA..." The Observer spoke. And both their eyes widened.

"Why... if Angel's such a problem to you, why don't you deal with it yourself?" Jack asked, raising a good point.

"...THERE IS A REASON I AM CALLED THE OBSERVER AND NOT THE EXTERMINATOR." The Observer responded.

"DO THIS, AND ANY TASK I ASSIGN YOU AND I WILL BRING BACK YOUR WORLD." The Observer spoke, this time Shadow replied.

"So... we're your glorified hitmen?" Shadow asked.

"YES."

Before Shadow responded, The Observer bonded the two once more, and opened a portal. Sending them on their way.

...

Shadow was thrown out of the portal, rolling over himself before flipping and landing on his feet.

"Well... that was intense," Jack spoke from within.

"Jack? Good, I can hear you again." Shadow said, relieved.

"Of course you can...? When could you not?" Jack asked.

"I went to an entire world without you, and had no means of communication," Shadow said.

"Oh... the last thing I remember was Goblin Slayer trying to save us from the portal, only for us to be sucked in. Then we were brought forward to The Observer." Jack said.

"Interesting. I need to try something." Shadow spoke, his skin retreating to show Jack.

"Err... what were you trying to show?" Jack asked.

"I couldn't turn into your form in the Pokémon world," Shadow responded.

Jack nodded, slowly turning around.