This won't end well. 2.10

The next day, Jack spent his morning eating breakfast with Goblin Slayer.

He had been avoiding the adventure board, in case he was roped into another cataclysmic adventure that would decide the fate of this world.

So he went on several goblin quests with Goblin Slayer.

But he was only prolonging the inevitable.

"We have been summoned." High elf archer walked up to the two of them.

"By whom?" Goblin Slayer responded.

"King Brandwhin of Casaloma... We are to meet him in Fortress city." She replied.

Jack almost spit out his drink.

"Well, good luck with that. I don't think he'll want me there." Jack said, wiping his mouth. He most likely didn't want to see Jack of all people, after what happened concerning his daughter.

"Um, actually, you specifically mentioned, Rogue demon, he wants you there." High elf archer said, showing the piece of paper.

"He wants to thank you for killing the demon lord. How he knows that eludes me."

"...Dammit," Jack said.

"We should go with them," Shadow said, stopping Jack.

"Why?" He asked back.

"He may want to hold them hostage against us, it will just be easier for us to go with." He explained.

"...Fine."

...

That is how Jack found himself walking alongside Goblin Slayer's party.

They currently were making their way over to the next town over, where they would hitch a carriage to Fortress city.

After a brief explanation, they had been there before when Goblins had taken residence within the sewers.

The conversation had drifted to age once again, High elf archer flaunting her thousand-year-old age. Then Jack revealed that he, technically Shadow, was six billion years old.

Jack would have preferred to have flown to the city, but he had to keep up appearances.

He leaned his head against the side of the carriage, wishing for music. The others decided to nap, it was a long ride there.

Jack just stared at the sky, before rolling over and attempting to sleep as well.

...

Jack slid forward, the carriage's having stopped.

The other adventurers were asleep, but Jack was no longer. He slowly rose, hearing voices outside.

A slice, and a thump. Meaning the driver was killed.

Shadow took control and stealthily made his way outside the carriage. Peeking around, he saw several Female knights riding horseback.

A dead bandit was at their horse's feet.

Shadow watched as one of the knights slowly turned forward, revealing the emblem on her chest.

The very same emblem Angel broadcasted across their world.

Rage overflowed between the two, and the rage was turned to fuel. Shadow began to grow.

By now one of the female knights had noticed him, but it was too late.

Shadow charged forward in dragon form, roaring.

He plowed his head through the ground, throwing the horse and one of the knights off.