A Halloween Night Gives Nico a Fright

Start from the beginning

The three of them met up with the remainder of the demigods and all found comfortable spots in the cinema room.

They ended up watching The Nightmare Before Christmas after some debating on whether it was a Christmas or Halloween movie.

Eventually, the small campers got tired and some of the older campers went with them to go to bed and supervise them while the rest of the teens partied.

Almost immediately, everyone moved into a bigger room and people set up tables of snacks and drinks and started blasting music. From where and what? Nico didn't know.

Nico quickly retreated into a dark corner. He contemplated shadow traveling out of there then, but part of him wanted to stay to see what was so good and fun about this whole scene.

The son of Hades saw blonde hair poking out near the center of the crowd and continued to see it several times in the span of five minutes, in different places of the room each time.

Suddenly, Will was in front of him, grinning like an idiot and holding a red solo cup.

"I hope that's not alcohol," Nico muttered, but Will heard him anyway.

"It is not, in fact, alcohol. Mr. D and Chiron may be allowing us to have this party, but they would never let us or give us access to any drink with alcoholic substances. Besides, I'm a doctor, I wouldn't allow that, it all ruins your body," Will told him.

"Of course, Doctor. How did I not see that coming?" The Italian replied snarkily, yet truthfully. Really, how did he not see that coming? Obviously, if there was anything of that sort at this party, Will would be freaking out and demanding everyone to stop.

"If you are wondering, it's punch," the healer informed him. "You want some?"

"No thanks."

Will sighed, then perked up. "Wanna dance?"

Nico rolled his eyes. "I don't dance, Solace."

"Oh, um, okay." Will deflated.

The ravenette was quiet for a couple seconds then, "I'm going." There was no point in staying when all he was doing was standing in a corner, by himself for most of the party.

"Are you sure you want to leave?" Will seemed disappointed, but Nico assumed he must be reading the older boy incorrectly. Why would he be sad about Nico leaving?

"Yeah," he admitted truthfully, looking around the room at all the demigods dancing and singing along to the current song playing.

"Okay. Have a goodnight," Will said softly.

Nico started walking then looked back with an equally soft smile, "You too."

He walked away.

The shorter teen was on the porch of the Big House when he heard Will call after him.

"Nico, wait!" So he turned around and did.

Will ran out of the building, skidded to a halt in front of Nico and smiled sheepishly. "I was wondering if we could walk back to the cabins together?"

Honestly, Nico was tired and just wanted to get back, but he agreed anyway and they started walking in a comfortable silence. They stayed quiet until they reached Cabin 13.

Nico looked up at Will and realized how close they were and, well, he panicked. The only thing his brain could think was: He's so close, oh my gods, are we about to kiss right now? Later that night, when replaying this in his head, he thought of how stupid he acted, Will Solace would never want to kiss him.