Seeing Will Everywhere

You're probably wondering, where was the first place Nico could think of? Well, it had to have the following: people who liked him and were willing to help him, people who wouldn't tell a certain son of Apollo where he was, and it had to be far enough away from said son of Apollo.

New Rome.

Hazel and Reyna would never turn him away. It was across the country, which was probably far enough away, if Will had the sense to not try and find him and bring him back to Camp Half-Blood.

It was perfect and exactly what he needed, so that's where he shadow traveled.

Nico stumbled out of a shadow, already in the city. Hazel happened to be walking by that exact spot at that very moment. Whether it was luck or the shadows directed him toward her, he didn't know.

Anyway, he had very obviously startled her. "Nico? What are you doing here?"

"Something happened at camp, I couldn't stay," he slurred out, tired from the shadow travel he still wasn't completely used to nor able to do for long distances. If Will was there, he would be screaming at him for his ignorance and lack of care for his health and well-being.

"Do you need me to get someone or call anyone?" She approached him holding out her hands for him to take to use to balance and walk a few feet.

"No! No, don't tell, please. Just- just get Reyna." At that, he fainted and collapsed into Hazel's arms.

He woke up in the infirmary, except it wasn't.

Then he remembered he was in the New Rome infirmary, not the Camp Half-Blood one, which explained the differences and similarities. For one, the architecture was completely different, but the smell of medicine and cleaner was familiar. Another thing this place was lacking was Will.

No. Stop. He scolded himself. He shouldn't be thinking about Will, he went here to get away from him in the first place.

Wait. What happened? He remembered shadow travelling and talking to Hazel then falling unconscious, but how did he get to the infirmary? Did Hazel have to carry him the whole way through the city? If she did, he would feel really guilty.

He heard movement not far from his bed and leaned in that direction to hear what he thought were voices, presumably talking about him, considering he was pretty sure one of them were Hazel's, one was Reyna's and one was unknown.

Never mind, Nico was sure now. Those were definitely their voices, he knew this was his sister and one of his best friends talking with someone he didn't know, now that he was more awake.

But they were, unfortunately, not close enough to his bed for him to hear what they were talking about, though he was sure the topic of the conversation was himself, which was why he wanted to know.

After a few minutes of eavesdropping, he gave up, propped himself up in his cot and called out, "Hello?" He tried to not be too loud, so he didn't wake any other patients if there were any, but loud enough so he was heard by the nearby group.

They all scurried over when they heard the son of Hades talk, Hazel being the fastest while the other two stood back. He was correct. Reyna was there beside another girl who was very tall with dirty blonde hair, tan skin, and brown eyes.

Hazel smothered him in a hug as soon as she was in reach and exclaimed, "You're awake!"

He was introduced to the unknown girl, a daughter of Apollo named Ashlee who ran this infirmary and was in charge of his treatment. She had to leave less than a minute after that to take care of another patient who needed more supervision than him. He also learned that it was now the next morning.