25

Victoria's POV

The place wasn't that nice at all, even though I wasn't expecting something like that. I mean, it's supposed to be for shooting practice and mafia stuff, but still felt a little disappointed. Ross didn't let go of my hand as we walked in, with Marcus, Jeff and Jake behind us.

I still couldn't get used to their sudden expression changes when it came to work, as they all looked serious now. But feeling Ross' warm hand wrapped in mine made me feel calm, and I was too excited to get a closer look to what they do everyday.

We all walked through a dark corridor, hearing Jeff and Marcus chattering a little and our footsteps echoing through the place.

That was until we heard a male voice coming to us, which made me flinch at how loud he spoke.

"Ah, Caruso! Long time no see!" He laughed, getting closer to us.

None of them copied him, but they seemed less stern than before. Ross slightly squeezed my hand, reassuring me it was okay.

He was a little fat, and his clothes seemed kind of tight for him, but he didn't seem to mind. The man also had some tattoos, one I recognized was of the Caruso mafia, just like Ross and his brothers had. I mentally sighed at that, at least I was sure he was on our side.

"Hey, Luciano. Yeah... we've been pretty busy, but something came and we need to be prepared for anything"

"I see, then shall I take you to- oh, where are my manners?" He turned to me with curious eyes and a smirk, but he didn't look intimidating. "who is this? Is she a new member?"

Marcus took a step to my side and answered before Ross could. Honestly, he didn't have to behave so protective, because the man had only asked me something, and was also being nice.

"Yeah, she is. Her name's-"

"Hi, my name's Victoria"

I took courage to look at Luciano in the eyes, something I rarely did with people involved in this mafia, as they were all too scary. Plus, I wasn't little, so I could perfectly introduce myself.

Luciano looked at me for a few seconds and I felt embarrassed, thinking I had said something wrong, but he chuckled and waved his hand.

"I'm sorry, you just don't look like someone who would fit here. I'm Luciano Leone, and I'm in charge of this place. Why don't you all follow me? I'm sure you must be missing practicing here"

He turned back and I felt Marcus proudly patting my head as we all followed the man to a special place outside.

I could see some other men with different guns shooting at different targets from afar, but the sudden sound made me jump in surprise. Also, it was incredibly loud.

"Here, use this" Jeff said, placing some big headphones on my head.

I was about to protest because they weren't using ones, actually, no one here was. I assumed they were all used to it, but still found weird how they wouldn't even flinch at the loud bangs.

I turned back and saw Jake wasn't there, but alredy grabbing a gun. It was the first time I saw one of them with it, but I still curiously looked at him, and I think I saw the other brothers roll their eyes.

"Are you gonna show off now?"

"Is it bad that I want to show Vicky how I shoot?"

I didn't mind, though. I looked at him with curious eyes and he started aiming and shooting at the targets, barely missing some of them for a few centimeters.