14

Victoria's POV

Today was a good day. I mean, I usually wake up in a good mood, but I still thought it was a great day, probably because of the rainy weather.

I loved rain, it always made me feel calm and I'd usually put my earphones on and take a nap while listening to some music, but that was different this time, as I was in the Caruso's mansion.

Anyway, this time I didn't wake up snuggled to Ross' body, as usual. I thought he might have gone earlier to attend some business or something, which made me wonder, again, what kind of work was he doing. I was almost sure it wasn't something nice. Otherwhise, why would he and his brothers have men everywhere working for them, and, well, 'dealing with assholes' as Jeff said one time?

I didn't really mind to be honest, I had gone through worse than something like that.

Anyway I wasn't happy that I woke up alone, although I wouldn't admit it. I felt cold and the bed was just too big for me without Ross, so I got up and changed into some clothes to go downstairs.

As soon as I got there, I saw Jeff talking on the phone, nothing too serious I guessed. He saw me and quickly finished his call.

"Good morning bubs, why the pout?"

Uh, I didn't even know I was pouting. But I didn't say anything as I wouldn't admit the reason, but Jeff seemed to read my mind and opened his mouth in an 'o' shape.

"Ross woke up about an hour ago, he had to work but he'll be here soon, don't worry".

"It's okay. Can I watch some TV for a while, though?"

Even if we were closer than before and they didn't mind me doing whatever I want, I still felt shy and asked permission for everything, something the brothers found adorable somehow. Jeff smiled and ruffled my hair again, and yes, I huffed at him.

"Of course you can. Wanna have breakfast, too?"

"Uh... I'm not really hungry now, but thanks" I honestly said.

He nodded and I went to the couch, choosing some random kid's show. I still couldn't understand why they didn't like me watching normal shows or movies, but I didn't dare to tell them anything about it. Plus, it was okay, I liked watching these.

I found Brownie next to me, so I also started petting his hair while watching TV. It was really comfy and quiet then, and I loved being like that.

After an hour though, I got tired of that, and decided to explore the house a little. I bet no one would mind if I did, so I just walked around. There were a few rooms I've never entered before, but I wouldn't dare to, and they seemed to be the typical office rooms so it was probably boring anyways.

I found a door though, one I've never seen before. I thought of opening it to see what was behind it, but I immediately decided not to, as I had no right to doing so. Anyway, I still was curious.

But just when I turned back, the door opened, showing Ross cleaning his hands with a cloth. He immediately froze as he probably didn't expect me to be there, and I had the same expression. How could I explain that I was wandering around without sounding weird?

But part of me remembered I hadn't seen him since I woke up, so I didn't really pay attention to that.

"Hi, I thought you've left somewhere" I said, smiling.

"I- uh, well, I was working actually"

"Yeah? Oh, what were you doing?"

I didn't mean to ask that to be honest, not only because it seemed like none of my business, but because I just wanted to have breakfast with him and watch a movie alredy.