28

The ride was silent. The four brothers were either scrolling through their phones or just looking through the windows, not really speaking. Victoria, on the other hand, was both excited and nervous about the situation. The idea of going to such luxurious place with them made her feel anxious, and was happy Ross was with her. She even thanked Jake for the dress about five times alredy.

Anyway, as soon as the car parked, she could see a big building with lots of lights around. It looked like a castle, and the girl unconsciously gasped. She felt like the first time she saw the brother's mansion, completely mesmerized.

Jeff was the first to get out of the car, fixing his suit and tie. Then Jake and Marcus, copying his actions. When Ross got out, he handed Vicky his hand, which she gladly accepted, and they all entered the club.

Victoria wasn't expecting a friendly environment, but even though, she felt like she wasn't mean to be there. She could see many men drinking alcohol and loudly laughing, and, as Ross had said, many (almost) naked women. Plus, the music was too loud.

"It's alright" Ross yelled, "we'll discuss some business stuff and then we'll leave. Stay close to me"

She nodded and shyly followed him and the rest to some room. The smell of smoke disgusted her, also, she felt many eyes on her as she kept walking, but tried to ignore it. After all, it was going to be a few hours or so, and then Ross had promised to cuddle with her.

Marcus was right next to Victoria, glaring at every men that dared to look at her that way, or even try to get her attention. She still thought it was too much, but Marcus knew how things worked in those places.

Not long after, a man greeted them all, surprising her.

"Caruso! Nice to see you again" he said, shaking hands with Ross, Marcus, Jeff and Jake. They all looked so stern and seemed too used to these kind of things.

"Nice to see you too, Morello. Shall we go to a quieter place?"

The man nodded and guided them all to a private room near them. It was incredibly more silent than before, and Victoria was thankful for that.

Ross made her sit in the middle of him and Marcus, to which she felt better because they made her feel more secure. Jake and Jeff were also sitting next to them, waiting for the man to speak.

"Let's go straight to the point. You too want the wineyard territory, right, guys?"

"Yes, and we are willing to share it with your mafia" Ross answered, "what do you think?"

The man smirked and took a sip of his drink.

"But what do I win? I mean, why should I accept this?"

"Because, Morello," Jeff intervened "let's say we own a big part of the police in that territory"

"So?"

"And," Jake continued, his stern expression still on his face "we have some evidence about you and your men doing some illegal stuff. I think... drug dealing?"

Victoria widened her eyes at that, not really knowing what to do. She unconsciously squirmed a little on her spot as she felt Ross' hand squeeze hers in a reassuring way. Just where had she got into?

Also, she was surprised to hear them threaten a man like that. She thought they were going to simply arrange some business, but it seemed it wasn't that easy. Morello clenched his jaw and, some seconds later, he softened his expression and let out a laugh.

"Alright, you got me. I see you're the same as ever, Caruso"

"Same to you"

"It's good to make new alliances, isn't it? I'll send one of my men to finish this discussion in two days if that's okay with you"