Chapter 24

Where should I even begin, there's so much to say. George, I need you here, I wish you were here. Myra said in her head, before feeling a warm presence on her hand.

She opened her eyes to find Sapnap holding her hand and smiling at her kindly. My son, you have truly been blessed with such good friends, she gave Sapnap a smile, then took in a deep breath.

"First off, my name is not really Myra," she started.

"Ehhhhhh?!!!" Everyone exclaimed.

"My real name is Mirth," she continued calmly.

"Mirth? As in the legendary sage Mirth." Dream asked.

She nodded, "I was one of the four original legends."

Everyone was silent for a few minutes.

"Wait so how old are you?" Skeppy suddenly asked, only to get hit on the back of the head by Bad.

"One never discuses a woman's age dear," Myra or Mirth stated with giggled.

"How are you still alive?" Techno asked.

"Ah yes..." She said as she stood up. "Sapnap be a dear and step back a few paces." She requested. The mage quickly agreed and stood next to Karl, who was no longer being cold to him.

Mirth opened up the front of her robe a bit, much to everyone's embarrassment, but that was quickly forgotten when they spotted the golden gem sticking out from her skin. It was in the same position as George's, she then bowed a bit and out from her back, a pair of golden wings sprouted.

"You're a dragon!" Philza exclaimed.

"That is correct," Mirth replied, before folding her wings and sitting down again on her chair. "when the first settlers arrived, we dragons were a bit worried. Some wanted to exterminate the new comers, while others decided to work together with them. Our race was then split into two factions, I was on the side of living in harmony with the humans."

"But why?" Dream asked her, and she smiled at him. "You love my son don't you Dream." she stated out of nowhere.

Dream blushed red and everyone smirked at him. Mirth wasn't done, "would you do anything to protect him?" She asked. Dream was blushing red but managed to nod. Her smile brightened, "For the same reason I sided with the humans."

Everyone gave her their full attention, very much intrigued by her story. "That man was George's father, he has already passed away centuries ago. For him, I killed three enemy dragons and gave their cores to the other three heroes. With their power, we were able to drive the darkness out. After that I retired to the plains with my husband, and lived there in relative peace."

"Wait, how come I don't know about this?" Karl asked.

"Every tribe member will be eventually told when they reach their 40s. We need to make sure that we can fully trust you after all. "Mirth replied.

"Then how did Sapnap find out about George?" He probed.

Mirth giggled, "that was actually a funny experience... Young Sapnap here, sneaked into my son's tent one day while trying to hide from the other kids and saw George, who had just come out from his bath without a shirt and his core in full display."

Sapnap started laughing as he recalled the memory, "I remember him shouting for you, saying that I was a pervert or something. Never regretted it though, because after that we became best friends."

"Karl," Mirth called, and the archer turned to face her. "Ever wondered why we rarely see mobs back home, even when the emblems were supposedly destroyed 10 years ago."

Karl thought for a second, "I have thought that it was weird, but I never questioned it."

"That's because the emblem of Mirth was never destroyed. The sorcerer couldn't get it because we constantly moved around, and because they would have to kill me first to get to it."

"That explains why you guys haven't build up a kingdom and stick to being nomads." Techno said.

Mirth nodded, "It was one of the best ways to keep the emblem safe."

"So... is healing a special ability that dragons have?" Wilbur asked.

Mirth nodded again, "That and our power to see the future, is one of the few abilities that dragons possess."

"That's why George always knew when we were in danger," Tommy concluded.

"Speaking of my son what happened?" Mirth asked.

The party quickly told the story, "Don't worry my lady, we'll find him and save him," Dream declared. The other party members agreed.

"He is in great danger," she said, her voice shaky then she looked up to meet their eyes, "and you will be too if decide to go rescue him."

She sighed to ease the pain in her heart, "There is one more thing that I haven't told you..."

~•~•~•~•~•~

George felt the cold floor beneath him, and forced his eyes to open. His vision was blurry at first, but slowly came in to focus. It was just like his vision, a castle made out of purple blocks, and he could feel the cold metal of the shackles around his ankles. He lifted himself up and reached for his back. He was all healed up... George let out a sigh as his eyes darted to a corner.

"I know you're there, come out already," He said angrily.

The figure huffed in amusement then stepped into the light. Before George stood his adversary from ten years ago, the evil sorcerer who the emblem knights thought they had defeated. But George knew this person by a different name...

His kidnapper lifted their hood and took off their mask. "Jean..." George greeted, his eyes flaring with rage and voice dripping with venom.

The woman had a sinister smile, "How have you been baby brother? Miss me?"