Chapter 11

"So we don't know the exact location of the ocean monument?" Bad asked.

George shook his head, "No, all we know is that it's miles off the coast of Ragnor."

"No offense George, but your mom's ability to tell the future is kind of broken." Skeppy commented. Bad was quick to hit him on the head lightly, making George laugh.

"I agree, but it can't be helped." George answered cheerfully.

"I don't know about you guys, but I'm not exactly excited to spend days on a boat just sailing around until we spot something." Sapnap declared.

"I think I can help with that," Fundy spoke up, "I am a wyvern knight after all, I'll just fly over the ocean then report back here if I spot something."

"It could be dangerous, there may be pirates or Lynix archers ready to take you down," Dream pointed out.

"I'll go with him," Eret spoke up. "I can use my dark magic to attack enemies from afar."

The group agreed so Fundy called his wyvern. He got on it first before pulling Eret up. They were about to take off, when Wilbur grabbed the wyvern's reins. The wyvern was a bit startled by the sudden pull, but calmed down when Wilbur placed a gentle hand on its snout.

"Do you need something?" Fundy asked with venom practically dripping from his voice, making Eret shift uncomfortably in his seat.

In all the years that he's known Fundy, the man has never seemed hostile to anyone. He wondered what kind of relationship this two had, and why did his partner seem ready to kill Wilbur.

Wilbur looked up to meet Fundy's eyes, "No, nothing, just reminding you to be careful."

Fundy narrowed his eyes, if looks could kill, Wilbur would be 6 feet underground right now, but Wilbur continued to look at the wyvern rider with fondness.

"Stop acting like you care about me, it's weird." Fundy stated as he looked away, and prepared to take off.

Wilbur let out a defeated sigh before letting go of the wyvern's reins. The wyvern turned its head and nuzzled Wilbur's chest affectionately.

"Take care of him okay," Wilbur whispered softly so Fundy couldn't hear, then he backed away and watched them take off.

"Hey at least his wyvern likes you, it's progress." George joked earning himself a laugh from Wilbur.

"Thanks George," Wilbur said pulling his friend into a side hug, George returned it unaware of Dream shooting dagger looks at them.

"Keep acting like that and I'll think you're jealous," Sapnap spoke up from behind Dream.

Dream turned around to face the man that he once called his best friend. The both of them just glared at each other before Dream spoke, "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Sure you don't," Sapnap retorted, his voice dripping with sarcasm.

The mage then spotted Karl, who was talking with Tommy, Tubbo, and Niki. When Karl caught him staring the brunette blushed, but motioned for him to join them. Sapnap smiled then started to head over.

"Now that's a sight I never thought I'd see," Dream said, stopping Sapnap in his tracks.

"The hot headed mage head over heels in love," Dream ended in a mocking tone.

"I don't care what you think Dream, I like the guy and I'm gonna prove to him how much I care about him. Unlike someone that I know..." Sapnap trailed off as he continued to walk towards Karl, leaving Dream with no chance to respond.

Meanwhile up in the air, Fundy was staring intensely at the ocean, looking for any signs of life. Eret was getting increasingly more restless, as he kept wondering why Fundy openly showed his hatred for Wilbur, and his curiosity was eating away at him. He had to stay quiet though, he didn't want to make the guy mad and be thrown off the wyvren.

He heard Fundy sigh and saw his shoulders sag. "Your stares are drilling holes into my brain Eret."

Eret quickly turned his attention back to the ocean as he mumbled an apology.

"He's my father..." Fundy suddenly confessed, causing Eret to snap back his head to the boy in front of him.

"We lived a happy life until my mother died when I was four. He dropped me off at an orphanage when he joined the emblem knights. I waited for him to take me back after his mission was over."

Eret reached out and placed a hand on his friend's shoulder, and Fundy took in a deep breath before he continued. "He never did, Philza came for me one day and said that he was my father's friend, and that he would be taking care of me from then on. The next time I saw Wilbur was 8 years later, he was already living a happily life as a guild master."

Fundy bit his lip to stop the tears that were threatening to fall. He had accepted the fact that he wasn't wanted by his father, and decided to stop crying over this years ago, but being here and seeing Wilbur was opening up old wounds. It sure wasn't helping that Wilbur was trying to act like a good father now.

"I'm sorry Fundy," Eret said giving his shoulder a little squeeze.

"It's okay, I'm over it." Fundy responded.

"Are you trying to convince me or yourself?" Eret asked.

Fundy angrily turned his head to respond, but didn't get to since Eret started shaking him and pointing to the ocean below. Fundy looked down to see a monument that was made up of prismarine, with sea lanterns lighting it up on the sea floor.

"We found it!" They yelled.