wolf moon

Ellie's eyes snapped open at the sound of commotion from outside. She sat up in her bed, pushing the hair out of her face. It took her a minute, but she eventually pinpointed the sound to be coming from the porch downstairs. She debated whether getting out of bed was worth it, but then she heard a crash and decided to investigate. She tiptoed down the stairs careful not to wake her mother. As she opened her front door she saw her brother, Scott, talking to a currently upside-down Stiles, who was hanging from the porch.

"Ellie, looking great," Stiles interrupted himself to look towards Ellie, who rolled her eyes at the boy, while Scott elbowed him in the ribs.

"What are you guys yelling about?" Ellie questioned, looking towards Scott, "You guys are gonna wake up Mom."

"They found a body in the woods!" Stiles said over-enthusiastically, jumping down to his feet.

"A dead body?!" Scott exclaimed,

"No, a body of water." Stiles sighed, "Yes, a dead body you dumbass!"

"You mean like murdered?" Scott spoke with a smile.

"Nobody knows yet." Stiles spoke, "Just that it was a girl, probably in her 20's."

"Wait, if they found the body what are they looking for?" Scott asked.

"That's the best part! They only found half. We're going." Stiles spoke, looking between the siblings. Ellie's jaw dropped at the thought of a body in two.

"We are so not going!" Ellie hissed sarcastically, looking at her brother, he ignored her glare, grabbed her wrist, and pulled her towards the car.

-------------

Stiles drove them to the woods, cutting many corners and going far over the speed limit. When he reached his destination he hit his breaks suddenly, and Ellie had to throw her hands out in front of her to stop her head from hitting the set. Scott and Ellie were still recovering from the stop while Stiles was jumping out of the car, beginning his walk in the woods.

"Are we seriously doing this?" Scott spoke as he climbed out of the Jeep, looking toward his sister.

"You are the one that's always complaining nothing ever happens in this town" Stiles reminded him from ahead of the siblings.

"I was trying to get a good night's sleep before practice tomorrow," Scott whined as they walked.

"Right, cause sitting on the bench is such a grueling effort," Stiles spoke sarcastically.

"No, because I'm playing this year. In fact, I'm playing first line this year." Scott protested.

"Hey! That's the spirit! Everyone should have a dream, even a pathetically unrealistic one!" Stiles mocked.

"Hey, I believe in you," Ellie responded.

"Just out of curiosity, which part of the body are we actually looking for?" Scott questioned,

"Huh, I actually didn't think of that one," Stiles responded laughing to himself slightly.

"And what if the guy who killed the girl is still out here?" Ellie added, raising her eyebrows at Stiles.

"Also something I didn't think about," Stiles spoke looking down, smiling wider to himself.

Stiles led the group up a hill, climbing much faster than Scott and Ellie. Once up the hill, Stiles jumped down onto his stomach, and Scott followed in suit, pulling Ellie down with him. In the distance, the group could see flashlights going in all different directions.