Falling Apart

Sokka's POV

"That got pretty heated huh?", I forced my teeth together to make an awkward smile to break the silence as we all stood outside Mai's stupidly big house. The reaction was more silence, "come on what else would you expect from Azula? It's in her blood", I wanted to reason with most of the group, forgetting Zuko is her freakin brother!

Zuko glanced over at me but shrugged, he didn't seem to take offence, "sorry Zuko", I sighed and rubbed the back of my neck, scuffing my feet and keeping my head down. That's enough talking for tonight Sokka you big blabber mouth.

"As much as Aang would love to stay, I've decided that we are leaving, we can't just stand in Mai's driveway forever", Katara sighed obviously fed up with Aang who was tugging at her sleeve desperately wanted to explore more of Mai's place.

"Come on she wouldn't even notice if we snuck in, look at the place it's colossal!!", Aang reminded himself constantly how big the building was, distracting him from his plead to go back inside, now just stood admiring it.

"Okay yes fantastic Mai lives in a palace, now let's go my feet are killing in these stupid shoes", Katara huffed as she began to walk slowly forward, cautiously avoiding the stone chippings that cover the whole of the driveway.

Aang huffed and took another look at the house before following Katara, soon getting bored at how long she was taking and just picked her up, "whoop, there we are", he beamed as he scooped her in his arms and held her close to his chest.

"Need any help?", Zuko asked, watching Aang struggle slightly.

"Nope, all good!", Aang smiled back about to wave to all of us and say goodbye but almost dropped Katara.

We all flinched slightly at the sight of her almost falling, waving as they go anyway.

"I think we should help, she could die", Zuko spoke bluntly, I nodded and we quickly walked after them to go back home.

Suki's POV

Ty Lee was keeping her distance, I was expecting her to walk out of here but maybe she has more to say? maybe she doesn't want to go? I would go over and talk to her but, after the hairy situation that happened inside, I better leave her to it for now.

Speaking of what happened inside, I haven't forgotten what Toph said to both Mai and Azula to fire them both up about Ty Lee and I hanging out, as I kept thinking about that one lie I got angrier, I needed to talk to her.

"Hey", I walked towards Toph with my arms crossed, she turned to face me totally unaware about how mad I am right now.

"Hey", she put her hands in her pockets and fidgeted slightly where she stood.

"So I think we should talk about you, and your lying, that got Azula and Mai so annoyed", I gritted my teeth, trying to stay calm and reasonable.

"Ohh yeah that, heh, well it was, umm, I'm blind so I went with what I heard you know?", she shrugged with a couple awkward laughs to fill up silence when she's thinking up more lies to tell me.

"Sure, so why did you say that to them? You knew it would make them angry, especially at me, and Ty Lee, she didn't deserve any of that crap at the table tonight", I quietened down as I mentioned Ty Lee's name so she wouldn't hear us talking about her.

"Jeez calm down it was just a joke, it was funny!", Toph shook her head and laughed, so she finds everything that happened just now funny?

"Oh really? You think ruining relationships is funny? You think anyone else is finding this funny but you? No because it's not something to laugh at Toph, you could lose all your friends over this", I sighed calming down so she doesn't react to what I said.

"It doesn't matter, you weren't my actual friends anyway", Toph began to walk off, I understand she doesn't want to deal with this but she's gonna have to talk or I'll lose my mind.

"What? Toph we are your friends", I looked around still seeing Aang walking off with Katara in his arms with a worried looking Zuko and Sokka, well that boy is determined to get Katara back safe and sound.

"Then how come I'm always alone?!!", Toph turned around and screamed in my face, I stepped back out of shock and stared at her not knowing what to say. "Why do you all leave me alone? That's not what friends do right? They care for eachother, leave no one behind, be there for eachother".

I stood still just watching and listening to what she was saying, I watched tears build up in her eyes, god I feel horrible, was I really such a bad friend to her? Were we all bad friends to her?

"Nobody was there for me, you all treated me like I was an injured rodent you just hit with your car, a mistake and a liability", Toph took in a deep breath to stop her tears.

"Toph...", I began to speak but no words came out, instead I took steps closer to put a hand on her shoulder supportively, to show I am willing to change, but she quickly moved away as a car came
up the driveway with her dad driving it.

"Your ride is here", I spoke plainly and walked over to the door to open it.

"Just leave me alone for the last time", she sat down inside the car and slammed the door shut.

I stayed where I was and watched the car lights slowly fade as it drove off.

"Ty-", I looked back and saw Ty Lee was no longer there, it was just me.

This night was horrible.

I felt a tear fall down my cheek, I wiped it and looked up at the night sky.

"God Yue I need you so much right now..".

"Everything's falling apart".