It's happening

Sokka's POV

Toph is great and all but she can be a bit of a nag, she's constantly telling me what to do, come on I already have a sister to do that, I don't need a girlfriend to do it too. I don't feel right at the moment, I feel out of touch, like I'm a million miles away but I'm stood right here. It's been quiet at home, I haven't really had anyone to talk to because Katara and Aang are both preparing for the baby's arrival. I'm excited but I'm not sure how it's all going to go, they aren't adults, how can they look after a baby, I honestly don't have any faith in either of them at all. But I guess we'll see what happens.

I start my school days by smoking now, Jet and I have found an odd friendship but we just talk and smoke together, it really helps relax me, I wait for Toph to get to school every morning, then she nags, and continues to nag until the end of school when she leaves, I'm not happy with her, and something tells me she isn't happy with me either, I wanted to talk to her today about the idea of splitting up, if she's not happy and I'm not happy then we shouldn't lie to each other. I watched her get out of the car, I made my way over.

"Toph, look I need to tell you something I-", she quickly interrupted me. "Sokka, I have to be honest with you, I don't think I can stand being in a relationship with you any longer, you irritate the hell out of me, you're cute and funny don't get me wrong, but you're also annoying and lazy, not my kinda guy, so basically, I want to break up", she bit her lip hoping I wouldn't react massively. "Okay, I was going to say the same thing, apart from all the mean stuff, ouch Toph", I pouted. "You'll get over it", she chuckled and gave me a hug. "Friends?", "Friends", I let go and linked my arm in hers to help her get into school, then I saw him. Zuko. He's been on my mind ever since he told me he loved me still. I should talk to him.

I helped Toph get to class then stood by the lockers, Aang slowly walked over. "Woah Aang you okay? You look exhausted", I frowned as I examined him, the kid looked drained. "I was up all night, Katara had some kind of weird stomach pain all night long, she seems fine now though so I decided to come in", Aang opened his locker and sighed rubbing sleep out of his eye. I really feel for the guy, maybe I can help him out. "Hey, why don't you nap in class, I'll cover you so the teacher won't notice, you need to rest", I smiled putting my hand on his shoulder. "Thanks Sokka", he yawned as we walked to our class together. There he was again, the most handsome boy I've ever seen in my entire existence, when I looked at Zuko before I saw someone who needed a hug, but now when I see him, I see someone who needs to pin me up against the lockers and have his tongue down my throat. Woah, that's new. "Sokka? You okay?", Zuko noticed me staring at him and raised a brow. "Heh yeah, sorry about that", I walked to my seat and took a deep breath, I need to calm down, I turned back to see Aang already asleep, I smiled and covered for him and took extra notes for him.

I couldn't help but let my mind wonder occasionally, Zuko was on my mind, his voice, his smile, his body. Wait no stop. You're in class you shouldn't be thinking like this in class! I turned back to look at Zuko watching him take down notes then turning back when he looked up. I'm looking like a creep I know I am but I can't help it, I want that boy, I need that boy, I crave him. With Toph pushed out of my mind, all I'm thinking about is him.

Zuko's POV

Sokka's been staring at me and thinking that I haven't noticed, he couldn't be more obvious even if he tried, it was cute though. Word spread around the school quickly and it turns out Toph broke up with him. I guess he needs some kind of closure now, someone to hold him and tell him it's alright, I can be that someone if he wants me to be, I'll gladly be that someone, if he wants me, he can have me. I've been waiting for this moment for a while, the chance to get back into his life, the chance to start again with him. This is it this chance is happening right now. I'll talk to him after school. I went back to my notes.

When class ended Sokka left quickly, I looked around school for him but couldn't find him, then there he was, stood outside at the front of school, almost like he was waiting for me, it felt like a story or a fairytale, my true love was just stood there anxiously waiting my arrival, I quickly fixed my hair and walked over to him. "S-Sokka! Hey!", okay I sound really panicked, calm down Zuko. "Zuko", Sokka smiled and stood close to me. "Look, I think we need to talk, I noticed you glancing at me in class and zoning out a couple of times, are you thinking about me?", I smirked slightly and cupped his cheek bringing him close. "Are you thinking about us?", I let my voice get softer as our faces got closer, here we go, this it's it!

"Come on Sokka we need to go!", Aang grabbed his arm and ran away, and like a fairytale my love was gone, but he'll be back I'm sure if it, one day.

Aang's POV

I've been so tired lately, I've built a crib, read about eight books on parenting and babies, not slept because of Katara being in pain, and finally because of pure stress and worry, hopefully I'll be able to nap when I get home, I dragged Sokka with me because he has the keys, I know I ruined an intimate moment there but I need my sleep man! We arrived at the house, I smiled as I thought of my bed walking up the stairs.

I heard groans coming from inside.

"Is that Katara?", Sokka asked as he got out his keys, "it must be her stomach pains again", I frowned as he unlocked the door. We stepped inside.

The groans got louder, and louder.

"Katara?", I looked around, Sokka and I began to panic but were frozen where we stood, we don't want it to be what we think it is.

"A-Aang?! Sokka!?", we heard Katara's voice from the kitchen, we looked at each other then quickly ran in, to see Katara clutching onto her stomach on the floor, "Katara!", "oh god oh god oh god", Sokka knelt down beside her and held her hand. "What happened are you okay?", I heard him ask her. My vision became blurry.

"D-Do I f*cking look okay to you!?", Katara yelled out in pain and took in quick breaths, "it's my w-water it broke, it's h-happening, it's c-coming!!", tears rolled down her face as she spoke.

My vision got worse. My head span.

Her water broke? It's coming?

I couldn't take this with the condition I was in.

I passed out.