The Train

Aang's POV

All I could do was think, I was sat in the back of the car with Azula, she was looking out the window whilst I was anxiously waiting for us to arrive at the station, what was I going to say to her? What will I do if she's already gone?

"Aang, Breathe", Azula kept looking out of the window as she spoke, I took a deep breath to try and calm myself down but it didn't help as much as I hoped, I just need to see her now, we need to talk.

It was a while longer before the car was at the station, "there it is", Azula looked up at the station sign then leant forward to tell the driver where to park up, but I couldn't wait for that, I don't have time.

I took my seat belt off and opened the car door, getting out of it whilst it was moving, I could hear Azula cursing behind me as the car drove off but I can't think about that now.

Running into the station I could only focus on one thing, I looked blankly up at the signs and timings of each train, I have no idea which one she's taking or where she's planning on going, it must be one that pretty soon right?

Checking the times over and over again I realised this is just wasting more time, I need to get to the platforms. I got to the barriers and realised I needed a ticket to get through, I tried to plead with the worker.

"Hey can I just get through? I'm looking for someone I'm not catching a train", I looked over their shoulder as I spoke hoping I could see further.

"That's what they all say", he laughed shaking his head, "sorry kid I can't let you through unless you have a ticket", he shrugged.

"No you don't understand I need to get through now or she'll be gone!", I frowned at him hoping that he'll understand or believe me, but there was no use.

"You don't understand I need to see your ticket", he wasn't going to budge, I guess I'll have to find another way over.

I looked at the barriers and nodded stepping back then checked to see when he wasn't looking and knew exactly what I had to do, I ran at the barriers and jumped over them continuing to run to the platforms.

I went to the platform of the train that was just about to leave, she must be on that one, I ran to it but I heard a whistle blow, it was already moving.

She's on this train I can feel it, I ran and ran to the edge of the platform hoping that I'll be able to jump and hold onto something.

But it was too late, the train was too far away I couldn't jump that distance, i panted and fell to my knees, I tried.

"Aang?", I turned back to see Katara standing behind me, she didn't get the train!

I stood up slowly, still catching my breath, I smiled and wrapped my arms around her pulling her into a hug, "I found you! I found you, Katara I found you", I laughed through my panting.

"Aang", she hugged me back but pulled away with a frown on her face, "this doesn't change anything, I still have to go", she wouldn't look at me.

"I know why you're going", I cupped her chin and lifted it so she would look at me, "I know", I smiled as I looked into her beautiful blue eyes.

"So I have to go", her lips quivering, she's forcing herself to do this.

"You don't have to have it alone, you don't need to go away and hide it", I tried to encourage her that it's alright and she doesn't have to go, but she shook her head.

"No Aang, I'm not leaving so I can have it", she stepped back and took a deep breath, "I'm going so I can get rid of it".

My heart sank, it took me a moment to speak again, "you weren't going to tell me, if Suki didn't tell me then I would have never known", I lowered my gaze, how could she do that?

"I have to go", she picked up her bag and began to walk away so she could get to her train.

"You can't, Katara please", I followed her but she wouldn't listen, she pushed past the crow of people on the platforms with me closely behind, "listen to me, it's my right to decide too!".

"Aang don't", she kept walking quickly, wiping her eyes so she wouldn't cry, she opened the door of the train and stepped onto it.

"You don't want to do this, Katara wouldn't want to go down this road", I stood in behind her but stayed on the platform, she kept her back to me as I spoke, "I know it's your body, and your choice, but that baby is mine as well as yours".

"I can't do it again Aang", she took a deep breath but it sounded shaken, she's panicking, still facing away from me.

"We were protected this time, we planned it all out and we thought we were safe", I sighed, this shouldn't be happening, this is some kind of miracle baby.

"We're never doing it again", she laughed lightly and shook her head turning to face me, she looked down at me and smiled softly, "I wish I wasn't doing this", her smile faded quickly.

"Then don't, we can talk, we can think this through, come on", I held out my hand to her, she looked at it then at me and shook her head, "please, I'm begging you Katara, come with me".

The whistle was blown, the train was going to go soon, she needs to step off now, "Katara", I looked up at her in a panic, this is the last chance.

She looked at me then at her bag and shook her head throwing the bag at me and jumped out of the train as the doors closed.

We watched the train leave the station together, I picked up her back and interlocked her fingers with my own, holding her hand and tugging it softly, "let's go", I waited for her to move.

She stayed still for a while then looked up at me with tears rolling down her cheeks she nodded and held my hand tightly as we walked off the platform.

Together.