Chapter 2 - Unexpected Surprise

As a note for anyone that read the first chapter before I edited it, I want you to know that I changed Miss Pearls age from twenty-three to twenty-one.

"Is that you El?" Addison my adoptive mother calls out, as I enter the house, using my nickname.

"Yeah Addison." I answer. "Where are ya'?"

"I'm in the kitchen darl'." I make my way to the kitchen through the large winding house. Addison comes from a rich family, but she's nothing like most of those rich stuck up snobs. Addison's the type of girl to wear her heart on her sleeve, she works as a nurse and likes to do volunteer work in her free time.

I enter the kitchen to see the blonde haired woman, that could easily be mistaken for my real mother, rushing about the kitchen. "How was your first day of senior year?" She asks, training her soft blue eyes on me.

"Same old, same old." I say, taking a seat at the kitchen bench. "How was your day?" I ask politely.

"Busy." She sighs. "Don't forget my sisters arriving today." She reminds.

"How could I forget, you've reminded me a hundred and one times this week."

"Sorry dear, I'm just..."

"Stressed, nervous, too kind for your own good?" I suggest a few endings for her sentence.

She smiles at me. "Could you please go change, put on that white blouse so you look somewhat presentable. Katherine will be here anytime now."

I sigh, anyone else and I'd have told them off, but Addison has done so much for me in the past tree years, that'd I'd do pretty well anything to make her happy. "Alright." I mumble before getting up and making my way back to the foyer to go up the grand stairway to my bedroom.

"Thank you sweetie." Addison calls after me.

I enter my room or as I like to call it my sanctuary. No ones aloud in my room, not even Addison. My room is my escape, a place were I don't have to be someone else, a place were I have no secrets. Thankfully Addison respects my privacy. The walls are painted a deep maroon colour and heavily decorated with photos, photos of my biological family(none of my parents though), photos of my old friends, photos of all the places I've traveled too and photos of me, before everything happened, when I was happy and carefree. There's a bed in the middle of the room decorated with purple bedding and a chest carefully hidden underneath it, there's also a walk-in-wardrobe and my own personal bathroom.

I strip off my black shirt and leather jacket, before grabbing my white blouse. I look at myself in the mirror staring at my half naked torso and some of the scars that I can see that stretch around from my back to my sides like wild vines, before putting on my shirt.

I take out my blonde hair from the messy bun it had been in for school and brush it out so it falls in waves to my mid-back, I then reapply a light layer of eyeliner and mascara to make my already bright ice blue eyes, brighter.

Looking at myself intently in the mirror, I sigh. I can already tell this school year is going to be different and not necessarily in a good way. Just today proved that. Elijah is annoyed about everyone thinking that I'm a slut, although no ones game to say it to my face I'm not stupid, I've herd what's going around, and then there's Miss Pearl, she's not like the other teachers, she was kind and seem genuinely interested in her students, me in particular, she's already starting to see through my facade.

The doorbell chimes throughout the house signalling someone at the door. A couple moment later the door opens and I can hear muffled talking. I take in a deep breath, look at myself one more time in the mirror before exiting my room.