Chapter 4 - Apoligies and Parties

It's Friday and Katherine has barely spoken to me since that incident on Tuesday, and when she does speak to me, she's always to the point so she can rush away from me, although she's still polite and to most it would seem like no other relationship she has with her other students, but our relationship isn't like other teacher/student relationships, she lives with me for christ sake! I don't even know why this is bothering me so much! But it is, I have to fix this!

"Hay there's a party tonight, are we going, cause you did promise me we'd go to a party in Tuesday?" Elijah asks as we sit in the now clean cafeteria. Ms Fleming wanted to leave it for the ones that made the mess to clean it up, but she soon realised that she wasn't going to be catching them anytime soon, she got the the cleaners to do it.

"Yeah, whatever, I'll talk to Addison when I get home, then I'll text you." I say halfheartedly, my mind on a certain someone and how I'm going to fix things.

"Everything ok?" Eli asks.

"Yeah..."

"Sure? Cause you don't seem ok." Elijah persists.

"Just got a lot on my mind." I force a smile.

"Ok..."

The bell rings, signalling the end of lunch and Elijah and I get up to go to the last of our classes. I watch the clock intently for the next two classes, wanting the time to hurry up so I can talk to Katherine, but time seems to be against me and the classes just drag on.

"Ok, what's really going on? You didn't do anything all class to piss Mr bigs off and now science is almost over and you haven't blown anything up yet!" Elijah asks as I stare at the clock wanting the last ten minutes of fifth to just hurry up.

"Nothing." I groan.

"Is this to do with Miss Pearl?"

"What? No!" I scoff, how does he know that!

"Don't lie, I know that Miss Pearl not talking to you, is bothering you." I scowl at him.

"I have no idea what your on about." I continue to play dumb. "I've only known her a week."

"Yeah and within the first hour of that week she learnt your favourite colour. It took me months to learn that." Elijah retorts.

I groan. "Fine, your right." Those two words are the worst and I hate having to say them.

"I'm always right."

"Shut your trap before I hit you over that head and let me finish." I snap.

"Ok." He holds his hands up in surrender.

"I'm annoyed at myself for what I said Tuesday, I shouldn't of blackmailed her like that." Especially when I know first hand what it's like not wanting every person that walks by to know that sort of thing.

He smiles knowingly. "Quite it would you!" I snap.

"Quite what?" He plays innocent.

"Smiling like you know something I don't."

"I always know something you don't." He grins and before I can retort the bell rings, and my nerves kick in.

"You going to talk to her?" He asks as we make our way to Katherine's class.

"Yeah, maybe, I don't know." I sigh.

He frowns, watching me intently. "I've never seen you like this before." He muses.

"That would be because I've never done something like this."

"You piss people off all the time."