Chapter 15. Coward

Start from the beginning

"Fuck. Get down!" I shouted. With my hand, I pushed Abigail's head down and ducked. "Please tell me my guns are in here."

Abigail opened up the center council and handed me my forty-five millimeter. She opened the center council and grabbed out the other forty-five.

"I'm going to spin this car around. Roll your window down and shoot. Aim for the tires," I said.

"Okay."

The car spun in the middle of the bridge. Abigail shot off six rounds at the black car, and the breaks of the other car squealed as it came to a stop. The windows were tinted, and I couldn't make out what kind of car, but it looked like a Mercedes.

"You shot the windshield, too?"

"Yeah," Abigail said. Her chest rose and fell heavily in shock. Our eyes locked for a moment before we both climbed out of the BMW.

The other car hadn't moved, and I couldn't make it out because of the headlights. The driver only had on his dims, but they were still too bright.

"Damn," I muttered. I started for the car, but Abigail grabbed my arm.

"Wait, Andy. What if it's a setup? Let's just get the fuck out of here," she said.

"I need to know who it is," I argued. I started for the car again with Abigail behind me, clutching onto my arm.

Abigail and I made it within twenty feet of the car, and suddenly the brights turned on and blinded both of us. The engine of the car revved, and the car sped toward us.

Abigail's jaw dropped in shock. "Andy!" she screamed.

"Fuck!" I hissed. I spun around, grabbed Abigail's arms, and pulled both of us out of the car's path. We fell to the ground. I pulled my gun up and shot at his tires, but it wasn't any use. In the time it took me to let off two rounds, the car had disappeared.

"Who the hell was that?" Abigail gasped.

"I don't know, but I intend to find out. Let's get home." I grabbed Abigail off the ground, and we walked back to our car, which sat in the middle of the bridge.

***

"Anyone that has threatened you is officially a suspect for this," Angel said. "We'll just have to go based on that for now."

"Do you know the model of the car, or did you catch the plates?" Darren asked.

"No, man. It just happened too fast," I said and shrugged. "I don't know what to do. Maybe it won't happen again."

"Bro, from my personal experience, it always happens again. You're going to have to take the person out," Angel said.

Vic, Bruno, Darren, and the other guys watched me warily.

Andrea sat on the couch beside Angel across from me with a glass of bourbon. "This is just crazy. What about cameras?" Andrea asked.

"There aren't any near that bridge," I said.

"There has to be a camera that caught the car following you. You just didn't notice the car until you got to the bridge," Darren argued.

"Check the cameras if it makes you feel better," I said and shrugged. "My guess is whoever it is, doesn't want me to know who they are."