Chapter 9 - Sparks

Ashlyn

Night time came. I had finished calls with Michael and Taylor and changed into my pajamas. I decided to stroll over to the makeshift living room to see what my bandmates were up to.

Huh, bandmates. That's weird to say.

Krist and Dave looked to be hooked on a movie which I had no idea what the title to was.

I stood there watching them for a minute a bit amused as to how two grown men would be so engrossed in a movie. I decided to turn around when I walked straight into Kurt.

"Oops, sorry" I said.

"No worries, hope I didn't hurt you" He said. I shook my head.

"Nah I'm fine. What are you up to? Going to join them with the movie?"

"Nah, I was looking for you actually. The movie they are watching isn't really my thing"

"Ooh bummer. Alright, so what do you need me for?"

"I dunno" He shrugged. "Maybe to talk?" He proposed. I raised an eyebrow. "If you want"

"Of course I'd want to talk, I was just caught off guard" I said with a small laugh. He smiled.

We went over to the dining area and sat down opposite each other.

"So what's up Cobain?" I asked. He shrugged.

"I'm good. Just content at the moment I guess but check up on me at 2am and I'll update you" He joked. I gave him a little smile.

"I'll keep that in mind yeah" I said. "So how's being on tour like? Excitement of being apart of my favorite band aside, I'm pretty nervous"

"Honestly, it's pretty great. You get to visit a lot of places, play in front of numerous audiences and the feeling that people love your music and will come that far just to listen to you is surreal" Kurt said and I could have scorn I saw a gleam in his eye. "But, then there's stress, the wear and tear, the confinement, et cetera. You just take the good in with the bad and the ugly and enjoy the ride"

"That sounds, wow. That's wow." I said a bit speechless for a sec.

"But you'll enjoy it. You're still young. You're... wait how old are you?" He asked. I bit my lip nervously. He'll definitely think I'm too young.

"Uhh, guess"

"Twenty one" Kurt said simply. I shook my head no. "Twenty" I shook my head once more. Suddenly he looked puzzled. "Nineteen?" He asked. I started at him blankly. "Eighteen?"

"Bingo" I said softly as I bit my lip. He looked a bit confused and distraught.

"Holy shit!" He exclaimed softly. "Ashlyn... you're pretty young. No wonder Michael was so protective about you going on tour with three older guys. I'm sorry if..."

"Nah. Stop it right there Cobain. Listen, I may be young but I'm not stupid neither am I immature. Trust me I'm alright and I don't feel the least bit uncomfortable" I assured.

"Alright just checking." Kurt said quietly. I raised an eyebrow. Kurt still seemed uncomfortable.

"Kurt please don't get second thoughts. I'm fine I'm really fine" I assured once more. I had no idea why I felt this need to assure him more but I did. Kurt let out a deep breath and physically seemed to calm down.