Seventy-five

Aries could feel the cold starting to crawl up her spine, the aching feeling of sorrow and pain beginning to invade her thoughts.

The windows had frosted over completely now and the girls were completely against it, terrified as the dementor came closer.

It's face getting closer and closer, all of the girls defenseless, while they trembled.

Aries made a harsh, slick grab for her wand, which was on the side seat, and thought for a few seconds on what the charm was.

She could not yet master the patronus charm, but she did remember a charm that sounded as a siren, meant for alerting people and asking for help.

The Caterwauling Charm

"Intensify" Aries whispered, and with a flick of her wand, a loud, blaring, siren emitted from Aries wand.

Thankfully the siren not only scared the dementor, but it also alerted the prefects and the heads of houses.

"Expecto patronum!" A Ravenclaw head of house spoke, quickly removing the dementor from the compartment. Leaving Aries to drop her wand and the siren sound stopped.

The girls all felt like all the happiness had been drained right out of them. Every thrill, every smile, every laugh, all gone into a spike few seconds of sorrow and fear.

It was a surprise for Aries when she noticed Alice being the one to comfort Honey and not the other way around.

Aries looked over at Lily to see her and Marlene both just staring at the door of the compartment wide eyed. The prefects had left to reassure the other students everything was fine and the head of houses were taking care of the dementor.

"Lily, Marlene." Aries said quietly, lightly using her voice, knowing from first hand experience what a traumatizing event can do and how delicate she had to be.

Aries began humming the song that Lily used to sing to her, slowly kneeling down to the ground where Lily and Marlene were hugging themselves from fear.

As she hummed, slowly Aries lightly glided her fingers onto her friends shoulder. Both flinched slightly, but once Aries got closer, her warmth brought them to ease.

"Sweet sweet sweet girl, lean on my shoulder. Don't be in doubt, I'll be right over. Listen to my voice, for I'll be with you soon. Listen to my words, for you are my sweet sweet girl."

"What's that song?" Honey asked quietly as she and Alice made there way to sitting on the seats instead of standing against the window.

"Through tears, through heartbreak, I'll be by your side. Wiping away your pain and rising with pride. So lean on my shoulder my sweet sweet girl." Aries finished, humming the same tune Lily had sang her that night in the astronomy tower.

Alice and Honey hummed the tunes of the song while Aries repeated the lyrics, calming Lily and Marlene until they finally made it back to Kings Cross Station.

___________

"Tell me why? Why don't you leave?" Sirius asked, "you can buy new clothes, have a home with the Potters. I don't understand." He shook his head.

"I don't need you to understand, Siri. All I need from you, is hope." Aries sighed, "hope that I'll be able to runaway." She added.

Sirius huffed, irritated over the whole situation. "I don't like this." He shook his head. "Just promise me, that you'll leave this time. Leave before you can't." Sirius said looking his sister dead in the eye.

Aries hesitated at first, "I promise." She nodded. She looked back to see her parents speaking to Regulus, thankfully neither paying attention to her. "I have to go." She said looking back to Sirius.

Aries could see James and the Potters looking over to where her and Sirius were, she could see how James' father furrowed his brows when he saw her.

"I'll see you after break." Sirius said pointedly as they hugged.

"I'll see you after break." Aries repeated before taking a hold on her trolley and walking over to her parents, while Sirius walked over to the Potters.

"Hello, my boy! Getting into trouble less than usual this year I see. Or are you just that clean with the pranks." Mr. Potter spoke, lowering his voice for the second part.

"The latter." James smirked. Though Sirius seemed to keep an eye on his sister, ignoring the jokes.

"Was that your sister, Sirius?" Mrs. Potter asked as she followed the boys eye line.

Sirius didn't respond, making the other two Potters look towards Aries as well.

They watched as Aries posture stiffened her head held a little higher and her mother suddenly grabbing her arm tightly, taking out her wand and disapparating on the spot. Regulus and Orion following suit.

"She can stay with us if there is a need, Sirius. She would be welcome." Mr. Potter spoke slightly worried.

Sirius shook his head, sharing a look with James, "she knows how to help herself, plus she's quite like you Mrs. Potter." Sirius joked as Mr. Potter laughed.

Mrs, Potter only shook her head, "once again, Sirius, call me Euphemia." With that the Potters and Sirius apparated away.

__________

"You didn't wear your corset! You got fatter! You got into trouble! You can't keep your grades up! You are doing absolutely NOTHING to help yourself!" Walburga yelled furiously as Aries ignored her mother and started walking up the stairs towards her room.

"Don't walk away from me you childish little girl!" Walburga screeched, though it didn't stop Aries from disregarding every word and approach her bedroom.

"YOU ARE DOING NOTHING TO KEEP THIS FAMILY GOING! YOU WILL NEVER HAVE A LIFE! YOULL END UP JUST LIKE THAT BLOOD TRAITOR TWIN OF YOURS!" Walburga shouted.

Aries paused at her door, and looked back to her mother, "now why wouldn't I want to end up like my twin. At least he has something to look forward to during breaks and when he wakes up in the morning." She shrugged and slammed her door.

"YOU UNGRATEFUL LITTLE GIRL! YOU ARE NOTHING! YOU WOULDN'T SURVIVE WITHOUT US!" Walburga yelled, furious with Aries, then took a shaky yet loud breath and left for the downstairs.

Aries sighed, falling into her bed and looking up at the ceiling. Ellie suddenly popped in, Aries luggage now next to her. Ellie bowed deeply, her long nose barely an inch above the floor.

"Mistress says you must come down for lunch." Ellie said with a slightly nervous tone.

"I won't be joining them for lunch today, Ellie." Aries dismissed the house elf.

Ellie shivered, "we both remember what happened last time you skipped lunch, Miss Black." She spoke.

Aries sat up, a hint of mischief in her eyes, the type that could get her in a lot of trouble, "Ellie, I'm gonna need your help. Can you do something for me?" Aries asked, a smirk appearing at her lips.

"Uh oh, mister Black used to have the same look when he was about to do something bad." Ellie frowned, she looked so nervous.

"Don't worry Ellie." Aries started, remembering the conversations from the train ride. "you're going to be helping me escape Grimmauld Place. Tonight."

__________

It's been some time but I'm back in the writing world! I'm doing better than ever and excited to start up again!

See y'all tomorrow for a new chapter!