Chapter 5: Run

Raven Canyne

When we reached the living room I felt Onyx tense beside me.

"What happened?" I asked.

Onyx didn't reply and I felt his presence vanish beside me. My wolf whimpered when her mate left but I pushed her back.

What the hell is going on?

"Meldy fainted at the foot of the stairs. A vase crashed when she hit the stand. She's unconscious for now." Zeth linked me. Thank goodness someone filled me in.

"I'll take her to her room." Onyx said.

My wolf whimpered and my heart clenched. Why do I feel pain in my chest? Why does it hurt?

A small whimper escaped my lips. I quickly covered my mouth.

What the hell? Why'd I do that?

"Rave are you okay?" Zeth asked.

"Yeah, I'll just go back and clean up in the kitchen. I'll fix something up for Meldy when she regains consciousness." I told him and turned back. I navigated my way back to the kitchen and started doing whatever.

After what felt like an eternity of loneliness a familiar set of arms wrapped around me from behind. I didn't move but then I had this sudden urge to repel him away from me. My wolf wanted to stay there and feel her mate but my body had a mind of its own.

I peeled off his arms that were wrapped around me and made myself busy with cooking making sure we had a certain distance between us.

"What's wrong?" He asked with concern in his voice.

I stilled for a bit. What is wrong? I shook the question off and continued doing what I was doing.

I chose to ignore him and pretended he wasn't there. But he didn't make it easy. His scent still made my wolf go in a frenzy. I did my best to control her and pushed her at the back of ny head.

The room fell silent but I could still feel his presence in the room. Why won't he just go away and do something else?

Do what exactly? My wolf asked.

I don't know? Go take care of Meldy I guess.

My heart clenched at that thought.

No! I don't want my man with another she-wolf. I want him with me!

Shut up. You want him with you but my mind and body says the exact opposite.

Psh! You're just jealous.

What? Jealous of what?

I asked my wolf but she decided not to answer and just ignore me.

Thanks a lot. Stupid inner wolf. What should I be jealous of? All my life I've never envied anything. Why start now?

"Did I do something wrong?" Onyx asked snapping me out of my thoughts.

Again, I ignored him.

Why the hell am I acting like this?

I sighed deeply. I faced him and took a few steps toward him. But luck wasn't on my side, I just had to hit a chair.

Stupid chair, you just had to be there didn't you?

I felt him come near me. I felt his arm and held on to it. I faced him then placed my hands on his solid warm chest then leaned on him. My forehead touching his clothed chest.

I breathed in his scent then exhaled.

"I'm sorry. It's not you, it's me. You didn't do anything wrong. I just don't know what I'm feeling." I told him enjoying the warmth that was radiating off his body.