Chapter Sixteen: The Apple Never Falls Far From The Tree

Start from the beginning

"Ooh art, Pete says you're good at that sort of stuff." Deborah  said.

"Oh it's just bits and bobs." Aries shrugged.

"You can still go study it, and even get into teaching if you don't like it- it's what I did."

"I dunno, I don't think I'd be that great at a muggle university," she shook her head.

"You never know unless you try it, dear." Deborah said, she finished putting the last plate down. "Alright, breakfast is ready!"

Aries sat beside Phil and Deborah during the meal, Peter was stuck on the other end of the table, talking to his aunt the majority of it, he kept looking over at and smiling when she was deep in conversation with his uncle.

After breakfast was finished the adults cleared the table and Peter was finally free of his Aunt. "Hello, you." he said, taking a seat next to Aries, he kissed her cheek and smiled apollogetically. "Sorry about my Aunt."

She shrugged. "It's alright-"

"Peter! Auntie Debby said we can get the paddling pool out, but you have to help me fill it up." Chloe said, running over to the two.

Peter tilted his head and sighed a little.

"Go on, I'm gonna take these glasses in." Aries said, picking up the remaining glasses on the table.

She walked into the house, making her way towards the kitchen.

"You ought to be careful of that girl, Debby." Aries heard Kathy's voice, she stayed by the door listening in.

"What are you going on about?" Deborah asked.

"You do realise she's from that fancy noble house of Black."

"Oh, you and your bloody conspiracy theories."

"They are not theories, her cousin is basically the Dark Lord's right hand man, there's rumors her brother is a death eater- have you even made sure she isn't one?"

Deborah scoffed. "What do you expect me to do? Pin her down and roll up her sleeves? Aries is a lovely girl, and if you actually spoke to her you would know how nice she is, you can't judge someone on their family."

"I don't trust her, she might make our Pete turn to the dark side-"

"Oh that is enough Kathy." Deborah scolded annoyed. "She is still a child- only just turned seventeen for that matter, and even if she was, why would she be here having breakfast with us? Doesn't seem like a death eater thing to do."

"I still don't like her."

Aries was thankful that she had drunk the potion, because if she hadn't she probably would have left straight away and went back to the Potter's without a question.

But she didn't.

She walked into the kitchen wearing a smile on her face. "These were left on the table, thought I'd bring them over."

"Thank you, dear, just leave them on the side." Deborah said, clearing a space.

Kathy eyed Aries, looking her up and down she then turned away and walked out the kitchen.

"Ignore her, I do most of the time." Deborah said, patting Aries' shoulder.

"Thank you, anyone else would agree with her."

"I don't think it's wise to judge someone solely because of their families, you don't get to choose where you're from, and that doesn't mean you cannot change." Deborah said. "Now, come on, I've made long island iced tea for us all, it's five o'clock somewhere."