The day I jumped off the bridge to get away from the police, his whole mafia army attacked the police. They surrounded the police force from all directions and killed each and every policeman. Chase's identity didn't get revealed to the public.

He had a little cut on his cheekbone from the attack but overall he looked decent. "Mr. Knight."

"How are you doing?" He asked.

I furrowed my eyebrows, "Good?"

"Since you didn't come here for almost a week now."

"I don't always need to be here." I snarled.

"I know, but usually you are." He shrugged.

"Thank you for noticing." I looked back at my computer and started typing.

"Any particular reason?"

"Even if I did have one, it matters to you because?" I raised my eyebrow. He didn't respond. "Exactly."

"I'm so-"

"Don't give a shit." I rolled my eyes, his jaw clenched at my action.

I got up from the chair I was seating on and picked up my computer and purse. I limped my way inside the palace.

"What happened? Why are you limping?" I stopped walking and exhaled. Patience Jasmin.

"I got thoroughly fucked." I lied.

His jaw ticked and I held back my laughter. I hope he feels the same way he made me feel all those years ago. I hope he stays miserable. Hopefully forever.

"You shouldn't be walking." He told me the obvious.

"Really? I didn't know."

"Well, sit down."

"I have to do work or else some of my clients are going to create a fit. I'd rather not deal with that." I looked up at him. He looked into my eyes as we held eye contact.

"Ma'am." My employee called.

I looked away and looked at my employee. "Yes?"

"Can you please come to the garage?" I nodded and started limping towards the direction of the garage. Chase following behind me.

"What's up?" I asked once I entered the garage.

"Is this going to be painted differently, because on the notes it said so but no specific way is written?" She informed me.

"Oh yes, the wall would be painted the same as the rest of the palace and the ceilings would be textured." I lifted the leg that the bullet hit and balanced on one foot. I pointed up, "Using a twist mop with blended yarn head. I'm sure the painters know the technique." My hand held the wall for support as I talked.

I pointed to the main wall. "This would be painted black and the other two walls would be white." She nodded as she jotted down what I said.

"I'll get in contact with the people for new garages." She nodded. "In that far corner, make customized cabinets for tools and stuff."