Chapter 13: Halloween

It's been about 3 weeks since that night Harvey showed up at Mandy'shouse. It's Halloween now and the kids were all excited. The girls decided tobe characters from 'The Cat in the Hat'. Mandy had bought Amber a Cat inthe Hat outfit and Emily and Madison wanted to be things one and two, sosince the twins already had the shirts, Mandy just bought the little tutus,leggings, and crazy blue wigs. They spend all day doing fun stuff, they wentto the park, went shopping, and then went to the movies. The girls wereready for night time to go get candy. This would be the first year they wouldget to celebrate it. They went to Halloween stores and got scared, but Mandyreassured them everything was ok.That night, they walked to Katy's so they could all walk together. Katy wasvery excited to go trick-or-treating, but her mom said she was to tired to goout. So Katy's mom stayed in bed and they started their journey. Down onestreet, up the other side, and on and on. The girls were having a blast andMandy laughed at their little faces when they'd get more. The girls noticed afew haunted houses while walking and asked to go through them.

"I don'tknow, some haunted houses are really scary." She warned them.

"We'll beok, we'll all hold hands." Amber reassured her.

"Ok, if you say so." So theyall held hands, Mandy in the middle, Amber on one end and Katy on theother. They start screaming and Emily started getting really scared andcrying, so they left the haunted house.

"See? I told you haunted houses werescary."

"Sorry, Mandy. Sorry, sissy."They get done within an hour and call it a night. They take Katy back homeand start walking back to Mandy's.

"Mandy?" Amber asked.

"Hm?"

"Whendo you think we'll see aunt Sophie again?"

"I don't know sweetie, but what Ido know is she still loves you very very much and she'll do whatever shecan to see you three again. I can promise you, you'll see her again. Nobodyknows when though."

"Ok," Amber was bummed now.They get back to Mandy's and she told the kids to get in the baths and get ready for bed. She helped the twins get in their baths and tells Amber shecan watch TV until they get out. Amber goes in the living room and startswatching TV when someone knocked on the door. Amber went and toldMandy and Mandy looked out the eye hole.

"Oh, its just some trick ortreaters," she laughed and opened the door, "we must've turned the porchlight on. Well luckily, we have extra candy." She put candy in their bucketsbefore shutting the door and turning off the porch light. Amber watched TVfor another 20 minutes and Emily get out of the bath, so she got in. Theywere all very exhausted. They went straight to bed.