Bites

A/N: This is a bit silly, but I hope you enjoy anyway :)

"So beautiful..." Scott said and took a deep breath. He was hiking along a river somewhere in Tennessee together with his boyfriend Avi. They were on tour with Pentatonix and just enjoying a much needed day off.

"It is" Avi replied and looked down to the river they were walking along.

"I get why you wanted to move here. Not only would you be closer to Esther, but surrounded by beautiful nature" Scott spoke up.

Avi nodded. "Yeah. But that was before... before us. Now I am happy in Los Angeles. With the cabin in Visalia and the house in the city..."

Scott smiled. "I'm glad you didn't leave. You know that I would've been fine with whatever makes you happy, but..."

Avi chuckled. "We both know that I stayed because I now have a lovely boyfriend by my side who makes the downsides of the business we're in bearable. I mean I always enjoyed making music with you and I am glad that things turned out the way they are now." He took the blonde's hand and squeezed it softly.

"That's good, because I am glad, too. I just wish I wouldn't have waited to make a move until you were on the verge of leaving" Scott spoke up.

"Well we all love a little drama" Avi replied. "I am just glad you said it when I first announced that I was thinking about moving and not at my farewell party."

Scott chuckled. "True," he said and stopped his boyfriend. "Still, I am happy that I did." He carefully pushed his boyfriend against a tree and leaned down to connect their lips in a tender kiss.

"Mmhm..." Avi hummed, but he didn't complain. There was no one around but them and they had all the time they needed on their day off.

It was only when Scott jerked suddenly that they broke apart.

"What the hell, Scott," Avi said when Scott quickly took off his shirt, but then he saw why his boyfriend was so riled up. There were several mosquito bites scattered around his left side and front. "Oh no..."

"For fucks sake" Scott cursed and shook his shirt to make sure that the insect was gone. "How bad is it?"

"I see five," Avi said. "But only small ones, I guess that the mosquito flew in and randomly bit you because it didn't know where to go."

"Well that doesn't make it better," Scott said and sighed. "Damn it. I love nature but insects are the bane of my existence."

"True," Avi said. "Especially mosquitoes are mean little beasts. I just hope it doesn't hurt?"

Scott shook his head. "No, but I bet they'll itch like crazy."

"That's true. I have something that could help you, but it's at home. Shall we just call it a day and head back?" Avi asked. He didn't want his boyfriend to suffer and he knew that so many bites were bound to start itching eventually.

Scott shrugged his shoulders. "I wouldn't mind going a bit further. I mean we wanted to see the waterfall and I really want to."

Avi nodded. "Sure. It's not far anyway. But if it's too much, please tell me, okay? There's not much we can do, but we can go back to the car."

"I will don't worry," Scott said as put on his shirt, then took Avi's hand. "Come on. To the waterfall."

~

"Stop scratching, Scott, you're only making it worse."

A few hours had passed and Avi was driving them back into the city to Esther's place where they were staying the night. Of course, they could've booked themselves into a hotel, but after a little over three weeks spent on the tour bus and in hotel rooms, Avi was yearning to have a little familiarity and Scott didn't mind.