Lights

Just a little something @StandingbyAvi prompted. Hope you'll enjoy it!

~~

"You comfortable?" Avi asked. He looked at his boyfriend, who was sitting next to him.

"Yeah. It's just.."

"I know, I miss him as well" Avi replied. "But it was his decision." He pressed a soft kiss onto his boyfriend's cheek. "Come on, dear, if we want to take a walk in the sun we should get going now before it gets dark again."

Scott nodded and got up from the sofa. They put on their warm clothes and got on their way out of the little hut they were staying in, before they went outside, headed for the centre of the little town they were staying in.

"I actually thought it would be awful to be in a place where we have less than 4 hours of sun each day, but it's actually quite cosy. No pressure to do anything but cuddle and make love whenever we're not looking for the lights."

Avi nodded. "True... I just hope that we'll be able to see them tonight. Do you think we will?"

"I hope so. They have to appear, after all, it's New Year's Eve" Scott replied. "And would there be a better way to start the new year than surrounded by the beauty of nature?"

Avi hummed. "No... I mean a stable phone reception would be nice, but as long as we're able to take a walk each day to text Mitchy, I'm fine."

"Plus we know that he'll have a lot of fun with his friends tonight" Scott replied. "He'll be too busy to miss us. I mean it's weird because it's our first New Year apart, but still..." He shrugged his shoulders.

"It's alright the way it is. He wouldn't have fun out here, but he wanted us to go and have fun" Avi returned.

"Mmhm" Scott replied as he thought back to the conversation he and Mitch had a few months ago.

~

"You want what? That's crazy. I'm sorry but I am not going to fucking camp in a tent in fucking Alaska in winter" Mitch exclaimed.

"We're not sleeping in a tent, Mitch, calm down" Scott returned. "And just imagine how romantic it will be, the three of us on New Year's Eve, watching the Northern Lights."

"Yeah, in a place where it'll be far below 0 degrees all the time. Are you kidding me?" Mitch said and rolled his eyes. "I don't think so. Why don't we go somewhere else? Doesn't have to be the beach, but maybe not fucking Alaska?"

Scott sighed. "Mitch, it's Avi's dream. He talked about it a few times now and I want to be his Christmas present. And I know, it'll be cold, but we'll be all cosy and cuddly in a little hut at the edge of a town. It's called Fairbanks and they have a handful of huts that have little glass domes. So we can watch the lights without actually going outside. I mean we could go outside if we wanted to and..."

Mitch raised an eyebrow. "You already planned the trip?"

Scott scratched the back of his head. "I kinda booked it?"

"I... are you serious? Without even thinking of asking me?"

"Mitch, I... I thought you'd be happy, too? After all, we've seen so many places together and it's going to be a wonderful time. At least that's what I thought? And what I think we all need? A few days secluded, alone. Surrounded by nature."

"By freezing cold nature. Are you kidding me? No. You can't just throw this at me and expect me to be all happy about it" Mitch shook his head.

"But it's Avi's wish and I thought..." Scott shrugged his shoulders and looked down. "I just wanted to surprise him with something nice. He is always so good to us and he deserves this."

Whump & Comfort | Scomavi Oneshotsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें