4. Anxiety |2|

"Avi?" 

"Mmhm..." 

The two men were sitting on the sofa. Avi was reading in a book while Scott was on his phone. 

"Did you think about who of your family you want to invite?" Scott asked.

Avi shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know... why?"

"I'm just trying to put together the list. I already put your close family down, but I'm not sure about the rest" Scott spoke up. 

Avi sighed and put his book away. He scooted closer to his fiancé and looked at his phone. "How many guests are we talking about?"

Scott smiled. "I didn't want you to drop everything and join. I was just bored and started to write down names."

Avi smiled. "I'm glad that you did. I wouldn't know where to start" he explained. "So, what's the number?"

Scott grimaced. "My family is twenty-five with kids. Close friends about forty, including possible partners. Then there's another list of roughly fifty people we need to think about. Mainly, people, we work with, extended friends and a few other people" he explained. 

"That's... a lot" Avi replied. "And I've been thinking about my family. I'm not sure though. I feel like I should invite the rest as well. I don't know if they'll come, some of them weren't at Esther's wedding either. So we're talking about twenty more from my family and maybe five to ten friends from my youth and college."

Scott smiled. "See, that's a number we can work with," he said. So we might be talking about more than a hundred guests."

Avi looked at the list and swallowed. "More like 150," he said. 

Scott nodded. "I know, but remember, there are 50 people we are not sure about, yet. But Samantha will need a number to show us possible locations. We should sit down and talk over the lists, maybe with Esther and Mitch. What do you think?"

Avi sighed. He really didn't want to do it, but he knew that it had to be. "Yeah, we should" he finally said. "They'll probably be a good help. Especially Esther because she organised her wedding herself."

"Yeah, but hers was not as big. Only close friends and family" Avi said. 

Scott chuckled. "Yeah. And our wedding will be humongous. But at least we'll have professional help. It's going to be amazing Avi, you'll see" he said and pressed a soft kiss onto his fiancé's temple. "We'll have a wonderful wedding, you and I."

"I hope so," Avi said. 

Scott furrowed his brows. "Why do you hope?"

But Avi just shook his head. "It's fine. Just a little overwhelmed by the numbers. But I think once we have the location and are moving on to fun things like tasting cakes and food I'll be more confident about everything" he explained. 

"Hmm, talking about cake... is there any of the tiramisu left?" 

Avi chuckled. He was glad that Scott changed the topic. "Of course. I'll get it."

~

A few weeks later Scott and Avi were meeting up with Samantha to look at different venues for the wedding.

They had already looked at a few locations, but they weren't right for them. On this day they were supposed to visit two more venues. 

"I really hope that we'll find the location today," Avi said as he grabbed his thermos mug and took a sip of his tea. 

Scott nodded. "Me too. Then we can fix the date and let them send out the invitations soon" he said. 

Avi was driving them out of town, right along the seaside to the first location. Soft music was playing in the background and Avi was humming along while Scott was typing on his phone. 

"I think this is it? Over there?" Avi suddenly said. 

"Yeah, looks like in the pictures. Wonderful view on the sea from the cliffs" Scott said. "I like it."

Avi nodded. "It's definitely beautiful."

Scott chuckled. "Don't worry, we'll make our decision only after we've seen both locations. I promise."

The venue turned out to be very nice. They had enough space for all guests and options to hold the ceremony inside and outside. Even though Scott loved it, he tried to not be too enthusiastic, because he still wanted Avi to enjoy looking at the second location.

"Here we are in our second venue for today. As you can see it's the complete opposite of what we saw earlier. This one is more down to earth, a lot of wood and of course we're surrounded by the forest" Samantha said as they walked into the big wooden building. "I am actually very happy that I can show you this today, usually they're all booked for at least eighteen months, but your date is still free."

Avi looked around. It was big, of course, because it had to fit so many people. Still, it had the atmosphere of a cabin or lodge which made him feel comfortable. "It really is beautiful." 

Scott took his hand. "It is. Exactly what you were looking for, hmm?" 

Avi nodded. "Yeah. I would have loved the sequoias, but that's not possible with that many people. But this is beautiful." He looked at his fiancé. "But you liked the other venue. 

Scott took a deep breath. "I do like it and I like this venue, too. But you're happy here. Let's look around and then decide, okay? Just know that I am very into this one, too."

Avi smiled. "Okay."

Samantha showed them around the rooms, around several people who were setting the large hall up for a wedding. 

"So, that's the place for dinner and everything. We need to hurry a bit, the wedding party will arrive in an hour, but I still wanted to show you the place where the ceremony will take place." She led them into a winter garden. which seemed to be directly in the woods. "Here we are. As you can see it's big enough to fit a lot of guests. The capacity is actually about 160, but with some adjustments, we can easily amend it for fewer people. The roof and sides can be opened or closed and yeah. I'll leave you for a moment, just take a look, just don't touch anything it's already set up for today."

As soon as Samantha Scott took Avi's hand again. "Come," he said and led him down the aisle. 

"Scott..." Avi said when they arrived at the front. "This..."

"Yeah? It's perfect, isn't it?" Scott said. He took Avi's other hand and smiled when he saw that the bearded man was tearing up. He himself wasn't doing any better. "I think this is where we'll get married, Love. What do you think?"

But Avi couldn't talk, he just nodded and then started to sob.

"Oh Love," Scott said and pulled his fiancé into his arms. He held him until the sobbing faded. He wiped the tears away with his thumbs. "Better?" he asked, but Avi was still sniffling. "Oh love... happy tears?" 

Avi looked up at the blonde and then nodded out of reflex, even if he wasn't too sure himself. 

~~~~