㋡𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

Start from the beginning

and the winter uniforms are...too thin.

an unwanted memory stirs you back to reality, remembering someone who had said the same thing, and you looked to the counselor to see that she had been staring at you silently,

concerned.

"Sensei. I'll join a club. I was already looking into joining one. But can I leave now? I have to meet up with some group members" you asked but started gathering your things so she knew her only option was to see you out.

you obviously had no group members to meet since you were through with all your assignments already. but you needed an excuse to leave.

and frankly, the conversation was getting no where.

"...of course. you may leave. Have a good day, l/n" she offered still observing you and you bowed slightly before leaving the room, exhaling a shaky breath as soon as the door was closed behind you.

Upon exiting though, as though it was fate itself, you almost collided into another that you wished to avoid.

talk, dark hair, sharp blue eyes.

barely a step from each other you both froze until with a gesture of a hand, he motioned that you could walk ahead of him.

without a word of acknowledgment, you tore your eyes away and walked ahead, briskly.

but of course, he had to break the silence.

"I don't bite you know. you avoid me as if I'm plagued" the senior, now sitting comfortably in the position as the volleyball team's captain and also a the vice president of the student union, said a few steps behind you but you ignored it.

knowing well that all of his words to you delivered lethal wounds to your pride.

you were better off disengaging from any conversation with him.

with this you took larger steps forward.

"but if you ignore me like this I might just write you up for gross misconduct" he said once more and you halted in your steps, exhaling in annoyance.

"what, akaashi" it left you quietly but the venom was present.

"what what?" he feigned innocence and confusion.

"this is the fourth time since we—"

"fifth" he corrects you with a cough and you finally turned to look at him. Stunned that he was aware of his own doing as if it was planned.

akaashi, with an unreadable expression, stood in the hallway and stared at his barely visible reflection in the window. his attention was focused on fixing his lopsided tie.

"It's the fifth time this week that we've crossed paths. four is  close but, who's counti-"

"what. Akaashi" you repeated your first question once more and he smoothed out his tie then looked across to you.

"well... how does it look?" He turned so you could take in the neat knot and his uniform overall and you pursued your lips.

something of a smirk appeared on his face the more he realized that he was frustrating you.

annoying you over and over again.

"have a good day"

"ah, you do hate me after all" he jogged ahead so he walked by you seeing that you tried to walk away.

"and so do you" you retaliated as you ceased walking once more.