39. Convincing ...

Depuis le début

As the trio strode out the school campus, a small smile grazed Khusi's lips. She was so thankful towards God for sending her friends like Mina and Zeeniya. They were the complete opposites of how her old friends were. They never judged her for sleeping with a man who had a child, nor reacted in the way Khusi expected them to when she had told them about being a divorcee. They were mildly curious about her ex-husband and why they got separated before both of them had gone ballistic and had started cursing Bhaskar.

I am glad that douche is out of your life. You deserve someone much better sweetie.

I wish that fucker rot in hell. Don't let him affect you anymore Khusi. You made the right choice.

Khusi had been stunned with their responses but was also glad to get such understanding and caring friends.

"Oh ho! Look who is here. Your man has come to pick you up." Minakshi's words made Khusi's face snap up. Her eyes halted on a SUV, but her pupils dilated at the man who was leaning on the car. Even the jacket wasn't enough to hide his muscular statute and towering height. Some snow was sticking to his messily attractive hair, which implied he was waiting for Khusi for some time now.

"Ahem, we will take our leave. Go to you man now."

"Shut up guys. He isn't my man," Khusi huffed, but her heart was beating furiously as she approached the brooding OC of Chamba. His gaze was fixed at his mobile screen, the light from it reflecting on the harsh lines of his face.

"Deny it as much as you want. But we all know what you actually want." Before Khusi could think of a comeback, Zeeniya and Mina flee away to another direction, leaving her alone

Khusi approached the gigantic man, her body warming up from inside at just his presence. As soon he felt movements, Abhay's eyes swept me and a natural smile fell upon his lips. Tucking the phone back into his pockets, he pulled her in for a hug.

"Hey, decided to pick you up cause it was getting late." Abhay's deep voice in her ears made Khusi's stomach burst with butterflies. She cleared her throat and ruffled his hair, stepping back from his huge form.

"Thanks a lot. You didn't have to though. It's just 6 pm. I know you're busy with building the case." The final court hearing was in 2 days and they were still lacking an alibi who could prove Nitin guilty.

"Don't be silly. It's the least I could do." Khusi didn't know why but his small actions were slowly breaking the strong walls she had built around her heart. One day, it might just crumble down to the ground.

"C'mon. We have a venture to run. It's our last chance today. Or have you changed your mind?" Khusi's eyes rounded in realization as she remembered what day it was.

"Oh no ! Not in the slightest. C'mon, let's go! We can't be late. It's our last chance," Khusi exclaimed, rounding the car and got inside the passenger seat, without bothering to clean her boots.

Abhya shook his head, a small smile playing on his lips. Khusi's moods could change in nanoseconds and he was still not habituated to it.

As he drove the car towards the shopping plaza, a frown marred his forehead, as the consequences of what they were doing played in his head. If anyhow they mess it up, there would be hell to pay.

Abhay parked the car in the farthest corner of the parking lot, to avoid gaining attention from Nitin's goons. 3 of them of them were hovering around the parking lot, the other 2 God knew where.

"Here, put it on. I want you to be connected to me all the time. If you feel even for a second anything is wrong, turn back and come here as fast as possible. I will be waiting in the car, though I shouldn't." Abhay's jaw ticked as he prepared Khusi. A giggle went past her lips at Abhay's tight voice and tensed movements. She wasn't going to a battle.